• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

21st Century Maida Regulator

Yes. The 21st Century Maida can do 400 V.

I offer a couple of different board options:
Bare board (no parts)
Bare board + STW11NK90Z (cascode transistor, can be a bit hard to source overseas)
Board with all surface mounted parts populated (you buy and populate the leaded parts)
Board with all surface mounted parts populated (you buy and populate the leaded parts) + STW11NK90Z.

You can see the specs of the regulator here:
21st Century Maida Regulator, Rev. 2.0

And purchase here:
21st Century Maida Regulator Rev. 2.0 – Neurochrome :: Audio

Tom

MaidaReg_1R0_Calculator spreadsheet

Folks,

My component calculator spreadsheet evolved to be a bit more advanced than I'd initially thought as I decided to turn it into a power supply designer. I hope it's not too confusing.

For some reason DIY Audio doesn't allow Excel attachments (.xlsx), so I have to refer to the document on my website: MaidaReg_1R0_Calculator.xlsx
Always refer to my website (or using above link) for the latest document.

~Tom

Tom,
The calculator spreadsheet is nowhere to be found, it's not available anymore on your website. Can you update the link, please?

I actually removed the calculator from my website when Neurochrome went from the hobby stage to the business stage. I no longer give away my products. ;) I provide the calculator spreadsheet to those who buy my 21st Century Maida Regulator boards.

Those who prefer a DIY solution, should consider giving PSUD II a spin.

Tom

Remove the link from your posts then, it's confusing. :confused:
(...also from a business point of view.)

40 uV vs 27 uV noise. Not a meaningful difference on a 400 V rail. The LT3081 is larger (unless you got with one of the package options that are harder to solder) so the board will be slightly more expensive. I do like the LT3081, but I'm not seeing a compelling reason to redesign the 21st Century Maida Regulator to use it.

Tom

I do not understand how is that possible that for a simple and legitimate request on this forum all that somebody can get is accusations of being dishonest trying to steal documents that everyone used when it was easily available and to be an idiot that cannot even read a datasheet. Never mind, please I do not need anything, especially from wiseacres and puritans.