Joined 2002
Paid Member

Attachments

• Snap 2012-11-01 at 21.07.38.png
    Snap 2012-11-01 at 21.07.38.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 309
Joined 2008
Paid Member
That's the brand, yes, but the type I have is now out of production - they have the orange case. I can post a pic when I get home. I must say I haven't listened to the DCB1 a whole lot, because I don't have adequate heat sinks yet and I don't want to toast any more mosfets! My favorite configuration so far runs about 300ma and uses super through power caps and AMRG resistors. I also must state that I've only run trial setups with a cheesy radio shack transformer with the DCB1, and I use a large toroid with the standard B1 - the transformer makes a difference, I think.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Yeah, they were smeared with heat sink compound and were insulated with mica. The case had a light colored powder coat, though, so I don't think it was a very efficient heat radiator. It did get hot for about two inches around the mosfets. The mosfet cases got to 60º though, which, as I now know, is good for a month or two of operation! They probably got hotter when I put the cover on the case. So then I tried individual heat sinks, but they weren't big enough and the mosfets got even hotter. So now I'm waiting for half bricks from Mouser - hopefully they will do the trick, in conjunction with the fan. My case is kind of cramped (an old Comcast cable TV box) so finding sinks that would fit in it was kind of tricky, since it's only 2.5 in high or so.