diy bybee quantum purifiers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I did not get any response from Anatech on the nanotube discovery in the latest 'Electronic Products' magazine, let me elaborate.
'Breakthrough discovery shows that carbon nanotubes could change thermal technology'
Scientists at MIT have uncovered a previously unknown thermal phenomenon known as thermopower waves. By igniting fuel-coated carbon nanotubes, a powerful wave of heat is rapidly moved through the length of the tube. ... 100 times greater than the equivalent weight of a lithium battery.'
Nanotubes on the march!

I don't think that fractal antennas are part of the Bybee design philosophy, but who complained? I didn't, but I was told to look it up, myself, which I had already done previously. It is exposure to NEW IDEAS that helps people to understand that Bybee devices are not THAT different rom what is done openly today in other areas.

I’m curious why such a device, that is so good at reducing the noise floor, i.e. EMI emissions hasn’t found its way into other military applications. An example would be land based vehicle communications, where you’d want to limit unwanted emissions as much as possible to avoid detection ?
And into medical electronics where EMC is even more important to control.

John - I am rolling opamps in my pre right now. How about this one - if I read the datasheet correctly, this meets your spec.
http://www.national.com/ds/LM/LME49990.pdf

Well, actually, I don't know abtou the cost as I got mine as samples. And as far as better sounding than the AD, I haven't done that comparison - or any other just yet as I have others ahead of it in the queue.

Last edited:
Hi John,

Anything 'new' to share, SYN08. A new IC perhaps? I am always interested in new IC's. I want to save money be eliminating the AD797 that I am using at the moment. It is too expensive, and I want to get even with Scott Wurcer for being mean to me [ ;-) ]. Do you, sir, have any suggestions. I tried the OPA1611 and found it wanting. Is there anything else out there with an approximately 1nV/rt Hz input noise and cheaper and better sounding than the AD797? Please everyone, give me your input.

I am unsure of your application. As someone who dislikes using looped feedback I find that there many discrete circuits that perform better (as you very well know - you have designed some excellent discrete low noise, zero feedback circuits) and if we can use BJT's we can find very inexpensive structures answering many low noise needs. Modern SMD components and machine assembly make such use quite economic these days.

As for cheaper, better sounding and low noise and not AD (to spite SW) IC's I'd have said LM6181, but sadly this one has been discontinued last time I looked, with no credible replacement in Nat Semi's range. Maybe AD811 if that remains in production, but of course it's AD. I don't remember anything nice from Maxim either, nor from TI/BB.

Ciao T

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi John,
Just to make it clear, I am a Life Member of the IEEE
I would have, but I didn't. Nothing more to say beyond that. I was a student member and dropped out because I couldn't afford the dues for a few years. Putting yourself through school with no support can create situations like that, you know.

Having grown men acting like high school kids, with verbal pranks, etc just wastes bandwidth.
Something about glass houses comes to mind ... 'nough said about that.

I turned down a free subscription to 'Laser Focus World' or some such, because I don't design lasers anymore.
I turn down many free subscriptions every month. Could be because people who designed lasers are looked upon as a weird lot ... ;)

Also, scolding me for not looking something up, is laughable, because that is what I do all day.
John, I have to say that many of us find themselves doing the same thing. You'd be amazed at how alike people can be. In fact, I often don't have time to look much up because I'm busy looking something else up. I suspect you may have a similar problem.

What's wrong everyone, nothing new to share? ;-)
The sheer volume of new things we find out about is more like a torrent. However, what new thing is applicable to what you want to hear? More likely you read about the same thing is the same place.

I am always interested in new IC's. I want to save money be eliminating the AD797 that I am using at the moment.
Have you considered using a combination of devices? I'll bet you have. Can you redefine your circuit impedance levels for something around 50 ohms and try RF practices? These would certainly be fast circuits, and you like fast. This would shift your design work more towards current amplification which you can convert to a voltage in the final stage.

Just a thought.

Is there anything else out there with an approximately 1nV/rt Hz input noise and cheaper and better sounding than the AD797? Please everyone, give me your input.
Let's see now. You want to improve on the AD797s performance at a lower price point? Having trouble finding the combination of parts to do this would seem to show me that the AD797 you are currently using is a good deal. However, something better should be coming along eventually. I wonder what it's cost will be?

-Chris :)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi John,
Since I did not get any response from Anatech on the nanotube discovery in the latest 'Electronic Products' magazine
I was supposed to read you my take on this when you have the article as well? Why? There are way too many really cool things happening to get caught up on a "who can read" challenge, don't you think? We could do this back and forth all day, and I really don't have the time or ability to carry this on.

I can tell you about water treatment and waste treatment from personal experience to if you wish. This has about as much to do with Jack Bybee's products as mems products or anything else you want to throw out.

Speaking about the on topic ... topic. I did have a new look at the website for these amazing Bybee devices. I'm sorry John, but even the stuff on his own website feels like a scam. Really, if you want to be taken seriously, they absolutely must lose the carnival medicine feel. If these are really that advanced a device, some technical details can be shown without giving away much of anything. As it sits now, it's very much like a religion where you are expected to pass the cash and believe. In a more dynamic form, this is called evangelism (just change the product).

Honestly John, I really can't see any reason to accept there is any real effect here. Read the stuff on his site again in case you haven't yet. I receive emails informing me of great wealth that are more believable than what is presented on the web site. I have tried to accept there may be a hint of truth here, but I can't. Sorry.

-Chris

Everything that I know personally about the Bybee purifiers has been put on this thread. It is just that either people cannot understand it, or they cannot believe it.
Nobody here who has criticized the Bybee device has actually tried it, looked at what it is REALLY made of, or has found fault with the quantum mechanics that Jack implies that it uses.

SE is a bound and determined man to attack Jack Bybee and me in any way that the internet lets him do it. He had done this for at least 10 years. That's life and I accept it, but please don't use him as a 'ruler' to measure the information presented here.
Before anything really happens, I hope that many out there will read more technical material from serious technical magazines and the internet, as I do daily. New ideas, even 'impossible' ideas come out on a regular basis. How about 'transparent aluminum' or 'cloaking devices'. Yes, they are real, primitive perhaps and expensive, but real.
Please everyone, read, and enjoy the wonder of it all, we are always in transition in the technical world.

Last edited:
Thanks T for your input. Yes, everybody has told me that the National stuff sounds real good, but 2.5nV/rt Hz is just too much for MC cartridges. Scott's 797 does sound OK, but it is expensive. The circuit is ALREADY designed, and without input fets, on purpose. It is the JC-3 phono preamp.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi John,
I'm sorry, but there isn't enough on the Bybee device to be able to give it any serious thought. I mean - I tried. You have to realize that I am a pretty open minded person when it comes to newer technologies. But there has to be something in the explanation that I can latch onto. This has nothing to do with being able to understand anything either. The argument that "these new technologies exist now that didn't last year, so why not Bybee's devices?" does not speak to anything but hope, nothing technical there at all. The blurb on his own web site talks in circles and seems to be more about catch phrases and nifty mental pictures than any actual attempt at an explanation. The curious mind needs something to lead it on a quest for knowledge, things that can be researched that are more than personal testaments and single source reports.

It may just as well be a perpetual motion machine as far as I'm concerned, and maybe about as possible. Cold fusion anyone? At least that was reported on by more than one source.

On your quest for a new low noise gain device, you will likely need tor redesign the PCB for a new product. The pin-out of newer 6 pin op amps has been physically arranged for lower distortion and noise pickup. You read about those, right? It seems to me that a cutting edge designer like yourself would be pursuing new ideas without the chains of a previous design holding you back. If you are really locked into that PCB layout, give up and enjoy the success. You should be designing the next generation in order to bring about more success for yourself and the product line.

Throw off the constraints of this present incarnation and work on JC-4, or whatever you wish to call it. Explore the low noise realm that is RF design, there may be real possibilities there. Load MC cartridges differently and use the current output without worrying about the voltage (I'm playing with that concept). A simple transconductance final stage can set the output voltage and other factors. Design freedom John. If you have gone as far as you easily can with the technology you are using, it's time to change tactics. Let Jack Bybee be your inspiration.

-Chris

I've certainly noticed some behaviour that is rather reminiscent of a religious zealot lately - stating something is fact then failing to prove it in any way, and when questioned on the matter, pointing towards some sacred doctrine without being able to quantify it in their own terms. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.