0.6my aluminium ribbon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mine are with 10 cm leaf which is very loose on joints, when rechecked previous measurement pressing at the joint lines the resistance was dropping.
I will try to press the ribbon while gluing & see if that helps. Maybe put some thinned down silver conducting adhesive on the joint.
Jensen ribbon... like it:)

Cheers

Peter

I dont have any loose joint. I cant even find the joins one the finished ribbon.Maybe because I use paper. And the paper has not a smooth surface.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
the overlapping of the leafs should be of no concern
other than it gets thicker

its kind of 'selfbonding', when done right
almost like its 'welded'

shouln't need any glue either
only needs the right kind of surface
whatever that is I dont know
but it bonds very strongly to dry wood, plaster, etc.

though, high power currents may be of concern
but that it would be with most other ribbons

on second thought, I would only corrugate very lightly
like pushing it onto gauze, or other airy tissue
it works well with pure foil, but maybe not with the paper backing

Thanks UKPD a have tried 3M spray stuff as well and my experience is that it is hard to get an even,thin consistant coating.
Very intresting thread,my copper sheats are 6" X 6" and I was wondering on how and if a cold welding of layers would be durable enough to not cause breaks and intremittent connections over time.

Thanks ! jer

Thanks ,a.wayne, I got my sheets at Micheal's craft store it has been awhile since I have messed with ribbons as this thread has resparked my interest.

I still have a can of the Gold Leaf brand spray adhesive as well as the brush on stuff.

I will have to dig it out give it another go around, as the last time I was working on it, all the the peices got misplace because of a move a few years ago.

I have also used brush on rubber cement with some sucess as well.

A have obtained some kapton a while back just for a project like this.
I have a few yards of 1" and 3" wide material.
I thought was .5mil thickness but I think it is 1 mil, as I have many other types PET films of various thicknesses down to .06 mil.

I only have ceramic magnets to work with right now, But I only want to build a small one to be used on my desk as I don't want any High Voltages flying around from my ESL's as this is where I build my circuits and it did create some havoc for me last year when I was working on them.

I will keep reading and let you know what I come up with sometime in the near future.

Thanks Again! jer

Last edited:
Now in stereo :).The impedans is 2.23 ohm one the sekund one.Now I will wait for the AE dipole 18" i have ordered.The plan is too make a baffle apogee stile.
If lucky I can crossover directly too the 18", but probably not.So I will need a midrange, any suggestions

Attachments

• Foto 92.jpg
    Foto 92.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 530
I no this is Diff. but can one of you guys tell me if you have ever look at the Magnepan true ribbon?
there $200 an shiping,it not bad But there eze it blow,the wind can take them out,thay dance to the beet, i have the MG2.5r,it just a 1/2 rebbon.Any thing?
Thanks for you time

I use thin capacitor paper.I have used toilet paper no joke LOL.When you make a true jensen ribbon do this. scroll to the desired length aluminum onto a glass plate. position paper on top of aluminum. Brush with diluted contact adhesive. It runs through the paper and glue paper and aluminum together . gently pull the leaf paper from the ribbon before the glue is completely dry.

Last edited:
Brush with diluted contact adhesive. It runs through the paper and glue paper and aluminum together .

That's definetely better than spray on method as Ger said earlier in the thread. I'm getting some 5 gsm. Washi paper this week, will try your method.

Peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.