Linaeum tweeter repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Picked up a pair of LT1000 with tweeter issues. They seem to have come out of the center seam. If I gently poke around with my finger they spring into life. I'm assuming where the two clear pieces meet, needs to be tucked somehow into that center seam? From that horrible description am I making sense and is this an easy fix? I've searched but find nothing on these tweeters.

Attachments

• 1397646940605.jpg
    1397646940605.jpg
    865.4 KB · Views: 312
AM slowly building a "stack" of these tweeter/mids and find they come in a number of different incarnations. Are these Monopoles? From the looks, I suspect they're equipped with ferro fluid which should help keep them centered L-R but maybe not front to back. Keeping/getting them centered (F/B) might be easier, I would guess, with dipoles than monos. Maybe a little tugging and hot melt (or super glue?). Possibly more ferro fluid. X over is comparatively low 500 to 1.5K (??) Have lived with two pair of LT1000 per side for a few months and am only moderately impressed but my electronics were marginal (TV system) and the woofers (which I will eventually discard) were dismal esp. in very small enclosures. I have heard these units sound very good. These days, I'd guess, they're a little weak in the high end … maybe a small fabric dome tweeter, ring radiator or more exotic ribbon/heil. I have a few small Radio Shack "Llneaums" which might also mate well. Good luck.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Genexxa used them for a while.

Tandy sold them in the UK.
http://img.canuckaudiomart.com/uplo...of_genexxa_speakers_with_linaeum_tweeters.jpg

..:rolleyes:.. Its got to be worth a try to repair them.
From what I have seen they just clamp into place. Perhaps they have pulled out or the bond has broken?
Looking at the picture..there seems to be a metal rod running up the middle has it come out of the top support or hole ? (left middle of your picture)

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.