Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

I am new to the forum and new to moodeaudio. I was able to successfully install beta 12 on my Raspberry Pi 3 with allo BOSS i2s DAC, but like Gouthama, I get no sound. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rantinray[/QUOTE

I could not find the root cause of my problem but, able resolve it after completely rebuilding the image from scratch. What is the source of your music tracks.?
Did you select i2s as output?
Regards
Goutham

BlueTooth

I'm not able to use Bluetooth Speaker option in moOde 4b12.
Maybe i'have the wrong method...

Same result with RPi0 or RPi3:

- Activate bluetooth speaker in configuration
(- Activate the Speaker Sharing gave me same result)
- Go to bluetooth configuration and launch the scan device
- go to your device and connect to moode speaker (with an iPhone error, with mac OS 10.13.2 disconnected after 10 seconds)
- Verify pairing : two pairing are OK

I reboot all devices (RPi, Computer, phone) but nothing work.

Anyone can help me ?

I could do this with the beta9 and the RPi2 who have a bluetooth dongle.
Maybe dongle are more "compatible" than the incorporated one ?

Hi,

I also have an Allo Boss DAC.
I've just tested it on a freshly built beta 12 and it works just fine.
Just comparing your output with mine, it may be that your Boss is running in slave mode? Under Configurations > Audio Config > Devices > Driver Options did you choose 'slave Disabled'?
I believe you should only choose 'slave Enabled' if you are using a Kali reclocker.

pi@moode:~ $ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: BossDAC [BossDAC], device 0: Boss DAC HiFi [Master] pcm512x-hifi-0 []
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Thanks for the note goldhorse, I had tried both 'enabled' and 'disabled' for slave it didn't work. I completely recreated the image from scratch and it started working. I suspect I changed some settings without knowing what exactly it does.
Regards
Goutham

Hi,

Yes, just the two switches to ON, then reboot.

The symptom "The boot srceen run, and it stops this line: Login Moodeaudi" suggests that the X Server component is not installed or not running.

What is output from the commands below?

systemctl status localui
ls -al /home/pi

-Tim

Hi Tim, thats it:

Last login: Thu Dec 14 17:35:45 2017 from 192.168.1.101
pi@MoodeAudio:~ $ systemctl status localui
● localui.service - Start Chromium Browser
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/localui.service; enabled; vendor preset:
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2017-12-14 17:39:48 CET; 56s ago
Process: 454 ExecStart=/usr/bin/xinit -- -nocursor (code=exited, status=203/EX
Main PID: 454 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Dec 14 17:39:48 MoodeAudio systemd[1]: Started Start Chromium Browser.
Dec 14 17:39:48 MoodeAudio systemd[1]: localui.service: Main process exited, cod
Dec 14 17:39:48 MoodeAudio systemd[1]: localui.service: Unit entered failed stat
Dec 14 17:39:48 MoodeAudio systemd[1]: localui.service: Failed with result 'exit
lines 1-10/10 (END)

pi@MoodeAudio:~ $ ls -al /home/pi
total 236
drwxr-xr-x 2 pi pi 4096 Dec 10 16:59 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Nov 29 02:22 ..
-rw------- 1 pi pi 97 Dec 14 17:39 .bash_history
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 220 Nov 29 02:22 .bash_logout
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 3523 Nov 29 02:22 .bashrc
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4681 Dec 10 16:48 .dircolors
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 825 Dec 10 16:48 fpmpool.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 753 Dec 10 16:48 mlog.sh
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 179477 Dec 10 16:52 mosbuild.log
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1544 Dec 10 16:48 piano.sh
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 675 Nov 29 02:22 .profile
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 916 Dec 10 16:48 srestart.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 757 Dec 10 16:48 tlog.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1207 Dec 10 16:59 .xinitrc
pi@MoodeAudio:~ $

And the UI on the PC is lagging, and all of the cores goes on 100%

Last edited:
Just wanted to let everyone know, that after having some problems, I started from scratch and got Moode Audio 4.0, Beta 12, up a running last night on a Raspberry Pi3.

A couple orders of business first.

1.) Thanks Tim for Moode Audio; and,
2.) Thanks again, koda59 for the build script.

I used a Mac, macOS, for interfacing with the Raspberry Pi3, and the building of the image.

For those that are intimidated by 4.0 and the associated necessity of building your own image, I feel your fears are largely unwarranted. Frankly, the build script is but three lines of text that you can copy and paste, directly from the Moode Audio website.

That said, I think where the confusion and/or trouble for most comes in now is in what I'll call general familiarity with computing and the Raspberry Pi. At least, I feel, that was the case for me.

I also think it might be helpful to tell someone, about to engage in an image build of Moode Audio 4.0 what they need in terms of hardware, in advance, if you will. For instance, here's what I used:

- a first microSD card (Generally, this microSD card will have Raspbian Lite on it, be inserted into the micro SD card slot on the Raspberry Pi, and is used to run the Raspberry Pi during the image build process.)

- a microSD card to USB adapter

- a second microSD card (This microSD card is inserted into the microSD card to USB adapter, and is plugged into a USB port on the Raspberry Pi, and is the "target" drive for the image file. Once the image is created or built on this microSD card, it is inserted into the Raspberry Pi, and that is the one you'll run on going forward, listening to music.)

Another thing I think might be helpful to tell a "novice" is that there are really sort of two "phases" to the build each associated with a different microSD card. These, what I just called "phases", referred to as "steps" in the prompting, only the second of which is specifically mentioned - frankly, the script was a bit confusing for me in the prompting here. I'm not sure I use the term "step"...just, a friendly suggestion...to make us all better off...

Here's what I did.

1. On my Mac, I downloaded Raspbian Lite from the Internet, and once downloaded, it unzipped.

2. On my Mac, I downloaded Etcher from the Internet and installed it.

3. Using an adapter that came with the microSD cards, I inserted the microSD card into the SDXC card slot on my Mac. I then used Etcher, to burn the Raspbian Lite image to a first microSD card. Alternatively, you could the aforementioned microSD card to USB adapter and a USB port on your Mac, if your Mac doesn't have a SDXC card slot.

4. I removed and reinserted the adapter containing the microSD to be sure that the card, shown as "boot", appeared on my desktop.

5. On my Mac, I opened Terminal and entered the following command:

echo "" > /Volumes/boot/ssh

FYI: This puts a filed called "ssh", without any extension, on the boot volume so that you can ssh into the Raspberry Pi once this card is installed in the microSD card slot on the Raspberry Pi.

6. I remove the microSD card and inserted it into my Raspberry Pi3, connected the Raspberry Pi3 to my router, and powered it up.

7. On my Mac, I downloaded and installed PI Finder, see: Ivan X's Raspberry Pi Party

8. Run Pi Finder on my Mac - this tells you the IP address of your Raspberry Pi (make note of it) and prompts you, allowing you to login. Alternatively, you can use the IP address, and use Terminal on your Mac to issue the command:

ssh pi@[IP address]

and login.

9. Now that I was logged into the Raspberry Pi, I copied and paste each of the three lines at the bottom of the Moode Audio website in succession, see:

"Enter these commands via SSH on a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian.

1. Download the Image Builder

cd /home/pi
sudo wget -q http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/mos/mosbuild.sh -O /home/pi/mosbuild.sh
sudo chmod +x /home/pi/mosbuild.sh

2. Start the Image Builder

sudo ./mosbuild.sh

following the directions that appeared in Terminal along the way...

10. When prompted, I powered down the Raspberry Pi, remove the first microSd card from the Raspberry Pi and inserted the second microSD card that was in the microSD to USB adapter, and powered the Raspberry Pi back on - the building of the imaging continuing on...the build script refers to this as "step 2".

11. After 30-45 minutes, on my Mac, in Safari, I entered "moode.local" into the browser.

12. As before with Moode Audio 3.8.x, I made the necessary configuration changes in Moode Audio 4.0, beta 12, to run on wireless and to select by DAC...etc.

That's it. Hope this write up helps someone!

Just wanted to let everyone know, that after having some problems, I started from scratch and got Moode Audio 4.0, Beta 12, up a running last night on a Raspberry Pi3.

A couple orders of business first.

1.) Thanks Tim for Moode Audio; and,
2.) Thanks again, koda59 for the build script.

I used a Mac, macOS, for interfacing with the Raspberry Pi3, and the building of the image.

For those that are intimidated by 4.0 and the associated necessity of building your own image, I feel your fears are largely unwarranted. Frankly, the build script is but three lines of text that you can copy and paste, directly from the Moode Audio website.

That said, I think where the confusion and/or trouble for most comes in now is in what I'll call general familiarity with computing and the Raspberry Pi. At least, I feel, that was the case for me.

I also think it might be helpful to tell someone, about to engage in an image build of Moode Audio 4.0 what they need in terms of hardware, in advance, if you will. For instance, here's what I used:

- a first microSD card (Generally, this microSD card will have Raspbian Lite on it, be inserted into the micro SD card slot on the Raspberry Pi, and is used to run the Raspberry Pi during the image build process.)

- a microSD card to USB adapter

- a second microSD card (This microSD card is inserted into the microSD card to USB adapter, and is plugged into a USB port on the Raspberry Pi, and is the "target" drive for the image file. Once the image is created or built on this microSD card, it is inserted into the Raspberry Pi, and that is the one you'll run on going forward, listening to music.)

Another thing I think might be helpful to tell a "novice" is that there are really sort of two "phases" to the build each associated with a different microSD card. These, what I just called "phases", referred to as "steps" in the prompting, only the second of which is specifically mentioned - frankly, the script was a bit confusing for me in the prompting here. I'm not sure I use the term "step"...just, a friendly suggestion...to make us all better off...

Here's what I did.

1. On my Mac, I downloaded Raspbian Lite from the Internet, and once downloaded, it unzipped.

2. On my Mac, I downloaded Etcher from the Internet and installed it.

3. Using an adapter that came with the microSD cards, I inserted the microSD card into the SDXC card slot on my Mac. I then used Etcher, to burn the Raspbian Lite image to a first microSD card. Alternatively, you could the aforementioned microSD card to USB adapter and a USB port on your Mac, if your Mac doesn't have a SDXC card slot.

4. I removed and reinserted the adapter containing the microSD to be sure that the card, shown as "boot", appeared on my desktop.

5. On my Mac, I opened Terminal and entered the following command:

echo "" > /Volumes/boot/ssh

FYI: This puts a filed called "ssh", without any extension, on the boot volume so that you can ssh into the Raspberry Pi once this card is installed in the microSD card slot on the Raspberry Pi.

6. I remove the microSD card and inserted it into my Raspberry Pi3, connected the Raspberry Pi3 to my router, and powered it up.

7. On my Mac, I downloaded and installed PI Finder, see: Ivan X's Raspberry Pi Party

8. Run Pi Finder on my Mac - this tells you the IP address of your Raspberry Pi (make note of it) and prompts you, allowing you to login. Alternatively, you can use the IP address, and use Terminal on your Mac to issue the command:

ssh pi@[IP address]

and login.

9. Now that I was logged into the Raspberry Pi, I copied and paste each of the three lines at the bottom of the Moode Audio website in succession, see:

"Enter these commands via SSH on a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian.

1. Download the Image Builder

cd /home/pi
sudo wget -q http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/mos/mosbuild.sh -O /home/pi/mosbuild.sh
sudo chmod +x /home/pi/mosbuild.sh

2. Start the Image Builder

sudo ./mosbuild.sh

following the directions that appeared in Terminal along the way...

10. When prompted, I powered down the Raspberry Pi, remove the first microSd card from the Raspberry Pi and inserted the second microSD card that was in the microSD to USB adapter, and powered the Raspberry Pi back on - the building of the imaging continuing on...the build script refers to this as "step 2".

11. After 30-45 minutes, on my Mac, in Safari, I entered "moode.local" into the browser.

12. As before with Moode Audio 3.8.x, I made the necessary configuration changes in Moode Audio 4.0, beta 12, to run on wireless and to select by DAC...etc.

That's it. Hope this write up helps someone!

Nice guide !

Thanks

Hello,

@Tim : can you remove "hdmi_drive=2" from your boot/config.txt? On my DVI display i can't see anything (i know, i don't need to see anything but without it you have more compatibility)

@Tim & @Koda59 : with my raspbian localised in french i have an error for the free space test in the mosbuild.sh, (yes i'm boring, but i'm french !) the function search the word "available".
My solution replace :
Code:
	FREESPACE="$(df -k . | grep -v Available |  awk '{print $4}')"
to :
Code:
	FREESPACE="$(df -k . --output=avail | tail -1)"

The second is more problematic, if I use wifi and have space in my SSID (same thing for the password... yes i'm very boring !) the script record in the properties file and it's loaded to environment variables, this step make some errors. So my solution :
replace :
Code:
updProperties () {
	echo "** Add options to properties file"
	if [ ! -z "$HTTP_PROXY" ] ; then
		echo "export http_proxy=$HTTP_PROXY" >> mosbuild.properties
		echo "export https_proxy=$HTTPS_PROXY" >> mosbuild.properties
	fi
	if [ ! -z "$SSID" ] ; then
		echo "SSID=$SSID" >> mosbuild.properties
		echo "PSK=$PSK" >> mosbuild.properties
	fi
	if [ ! -z "$SQUASH_FS" ] ; then
		echo "SQUASH_FS=$SQUASH_FS" >> mosbuild.properties
	fi
	if [ ! -z "$LATEST_KERNEL" ] ; then
		echo "LATEST_KERNEL=$LATEST_KERNEL" >> mosbuild.properties
	fi
	if [ ! -z "$ADDL_COMPONENTS" ] ; then
		echo "ADDL_COMPONENTS=$ADDL_COMPONENTS" >> mosbuild.properties
	fi
}

to:
Code:
updProperties () {
	echo "** Add options to properties file"
	if [ ! -z "$HTTP_PROXY" ] ; then
		echo "export http_proxy=$HTTP_PROXY" >> mosbuild.properties
		echo "export https_proxy=$HTTPS_PROXY" >> mosbuild.properties
	fi
	if [ ! -z "$SSID" ] ; then
		echo "SSID="$SSID"" >> mosbuild.properties
		echo "PSK="$PSK"" >> mosbuild.properties
	fi
	if [ ! -z "$SQUASH_FS" ] ; then
		echo "SQUASH_FS=$SQUASH_FS" >> mosbuild.properties
	fi
	if [ ! -z "$LATEST_KERNEL" ] ; then
		echo "LATEST_KERNEL=$LATEST_KERNEL" >> mosbuild.properties
	fi
	if [ ! -z "$ADDL_COMPONENTS" ] ; then
		echo "ADDL_COMPONENTS=$ADDL_COMPONENTS" >> mosbuild.properties
	fi
}
Maybe make this to all Env var ?

Now, the funny part !

One line for launch the installation process from Raspbian :
Code:
wget [url]http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/mos/mosbuild.sh[/url] && chmod+x ./mosbuild.sh;sudo ./mosbuild.sh

for look at the progress directly from an unix command line (replace ip.of.r.pi by the ip of your RPi):
Code:
ssh [email]pi@ip.of.r.pi[/email] "cat ~/mosbuild.log | grep 'COMPONENT\|STEP\| Compile \| END\| Error'"
Enter the password "moodeaudio" and see the step or state...
At the first reboot the password isn't already changed so the password is "raspberry"

And finally the direct installation ! (You ! Yes, You who have only one microSD card, no USB adaptor or no raspbian installed...)
I have modified the mosbuilder.sh (who modify the mosbuilder_worker.sh ^^), corrected it with my advice and add an option to directly install MoOde on the Raspbian install:
- Download my version of mosbuilder.sh
- Download the last raspbian stretch lite version from any system
- Use you favorite image writer to write the raspbian to the MicroSD card (Etcher.io ??)
- Replug the microSD card to your computer for remount-it
- If you know how to configure wifi and ssh from here (you must do this if you have no screen attached to your RPi) this is the time !
- IMPORTANT !!!! edit the /boot/cmdline.txt and REMOVE :
Code:
init=/usr/lib/raspi-config/init_resize.sh
- Copy the mosbuild.sh file on the "boot" disk
- Unmount the MicroSD, put it in your RPi and start it
- if you have already an SSH access and a Wifi or Ethernet Connection to login to your RPi, else plug a keyboard and a screen to the RPi and login
- move the mosbuild.sh file into the home of the Pi user :
Code:
sudo mv /boot/mosbuild.sh ~/
- Launch it !
Code:
sudo ./mosbuild.sh
- answer yes to "Use the main SDcard to install...", configure proxy, wifi, squashfs, last kernel and additional component.
- Proceed ? Yes !
- Wait, wait... wait and see ! (additional component on a RPi0 is very very long ! for the progress see the top of the Funny Part !)
- Open your web browser on any computer and go to Nymeria or on mac Nymeria and configure like you want your new MoOde Audio Installation

Et voilà !

Congratulation to all who have participate in this beautiful project.
I'll be back for my real problems with MoOde Audio, we can do better !

Hi,

I missed this post :-0 Will review tonight.

-Tim

I'm not able to use Bluetooth Speaker option in moOde 4b12.
Maybe i'have the wrong method...

Same result with RPi0 or RPi3:

- Activate bluetooth speaker in configuration
(- Activate the Speaker Sharing gave me same result)
- Go to bluetooth configuration and launch the scan device
- go to your device and connect to moode speaker (with an iPhone error, with mac OS 10.13.2 disconnected after 10 seconds)
- Verify pairing : two pairing are OK

I reboot all devices (RPi, Computer, phone) but nothing work.

Anyone can help me ?

I could do this with the beta9 and the RPi2 who have a bluetooth dongle.
Maybe dongle are more "compatible" than the incorporated one ?

Hi,

I've never been able to get my Mac to connect. It always disconnects after a few seconds. No issues with my iPhone and iPad but my iPad always takes a few tries.

On your clients first try turning BT off/on then on the Pi start the SCAN. Then wait a bit and try to connect.

-Tim

Ahh, makes sence why I cant find it then. I'll be upgrading after christmas then.:):)

A few questions on that account:

• Does the new Moode version support RPi 2B?
  • Can I use the Imagebuilder on the existing Moode installation? and will it just wipe the old installation?
  • Does the new version support cromecast audio (and/or is planned for the future))?
  • Does the new version support streaming audio via bluetooth (mainly on android)(and/or is planned for the future))?

@ms2204

Haven't seen anyone answer yet so here's my take:

• RPi2B? yes, I'm running r40b12 on both RPi2B and RPi3B just now, with HiFiBerry DAC+ and DAC+ Pro (sorry @Zootalaws, I was young and foolish last year, metaphorically speaking:rolleyes:).
  • Imagebuilder on an existing Moode Installation? Yes...but. I've done it from the command line. Just this morning I tried it by downloading the builder via the moOde GUI (System config/Download image builder) and running it via the moOde SSH term server. The script started fine but came to a full stop after successfully downloading raspbian-stretch-lite.zip. No time to diagnose this until tonight.
    The old installation won't be overwritten unless you try something like @HeeBoo's direct installation procedure.
  • Chromecast audio? Not now, AFAIK. Only Tim can predict the future.
  • Bluetooth source (which means streaming from moOde to some Bluetooth sink, like a Bluetooth speaker)? Not now. Again, only Tim can predict the future.

Regards,
Kent

This is all I get in ssh Terminal

pi@moode:~ $ ls -l /mnt
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Dec 14 09:21 SDCARD
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Dec 14 09:21 UPNP

so no NAS

Hi,

Have a look at STEP 7 of the manual Build Recipe 2.2 and recreate /mnt/NAS and the NAS symlink.

These would not be missing in a successful build and they are never deleted afterwords. I can't rule out bugs in moOde code but I don't see any in the section of code that deals with this directory when adding or removing a NAS config.

If u used the Image Builder then examine /home/pi/mosbuild.log and see if the Builder completed successfully or if there were errors and a Canceled Build.

-Tim

@Tim @koda59
Thank you very much for your great work !!!

@HeeBoo
Thank you for your improvement 'Direct Installation' of the original mosbuild.sh process. It simplyfies the creation of a system image tremendous, I think.

Also the command to monitor the build progress is very helpful.

I may be wrong, but I think most of the users don't own an USB-Cardwriter, so eleminating the need of this kind of device would help many users in building a moode-System at their own.

BTW: not so long ago Tim could provide his system 'moode x.y' in the form of *.img-files. The term 'Image Builder' suggested for me, at the end of mosbuild.sh I got an *.img-file, but that's not what it does. It builds a bootable system-image of moode on a SD card.

Regards, Klaus

@anyone

Just completed the build of Moode 4.0b12 using recipe v2.2 without a hitch. Copied and pasted the commands from the build recipe into an OS X terminal until it was done, took about 1 1/2 hours.

I must have misunderstood the problem of not being able to see what was going on because I was able to watch the build churning away in terminal in real time.

The system is up and running but it seems I am unable to change the Volume Limit warning. I mean, I can change it and save but the setting remains at 20.

Edit ************

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I was typing the number into the box instead of using the scroll widget. Everything seems to be working normally now.

Last edited:
Hi,

moOde will not start AP mode if an Ethernet connection is present due the countless support issues created by having these two Network interfaces active at the same time. Thus a NAT configuration where Internet in Ethernet interface is available to clients connected via AP mode, is not possible with moOde.

What is your usage scenario for this configuration?

-Tim

I'm using it as a local AP for the living room. I'm trying to avoid strong wifi signals over my entire house (small children etc..)

Not sure what you mean, but I don't remember any often problems with two interfaces active at the same time at the Rune or Volumio forums. Its a pretty common feature ( the AP without the Internet sharing).
Anyway, I'm not an expert in this field either..

@Tim @koda59

@HeeBoo
Thank you for your improvement 'Direct Installation' of the original mosbuild.sh process. It simplyfies the creation of a system image tremendous, I think.

Also the command to monitor the build progress is very helpful.

I may be wrong, but I think most of the users don't own an USB-Cardwriter, so eleminating the need of this kind of device would help many users in building a moode-System at their own.

BTW: not so long ago Tim could provide his system 'moode x.y' in the form of *.img-files. The term 'Image Builder' suggested for me, at the end of mosbuild.sh I got an *.img-file, but that's not what it does. It builds a bootable system-image of moode on a SD card.

Regards, Klaus

Hi Klaus,

This could be a good option. It looks like it just requires a few manual steps on the host computer.

- download stretch lite
- write image to sdcard
- modify cmdline.txt

Then put sdcard in Pi and boot up

- download and run mosbuild.sh
- select "direct build"

Have I listed the correct steps?

-Tim

@Tim @koda59

@HeeBoo

Agree on all counts.

Regards, Klaus

Hi, Klaus.

Actually it's not much extra work to create a .img file from the bootable system-image once it's been built on the card. I do that to build once and then install on several RPis.

I expect the original thinking was that one should arrive at the same result with the image builder that one would obtain by downloading and burning an moOde image to the SD card.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Klaus,

This could be a good option. It looks like it just requires a few manual steps on the host computer.

- download stretch lite
- write image to sdcard
- modify cmdline.txt

- select "direct build"

-Tim

- download stretch lite
- write image to sdcard
- modify cmdline.txt
-add blank ssh file
-put a downloaded (HeeBoo version) mosbuild.sh file on the "boot" partition of the sd card

ssh in and

move the mosbuild.sh (sudo mv /boot/mosbuild.sh ~/)
Start the mosbuild.sh (sudo ./mosbuild.sh)
Answer y/n config options then it builds..

Check progress with
ssh pi@ip.of.r.pi "cat ~/mosbuild.log | grep 'COMPONENT\|STEP\| Compile \| END\| Error'"

Note that ssh whilst the sd card is on your computer is usual rasbian pi/raspberry login and at first boot on the pi it is pi/moodeaudio

Last edited:

- download stretch lite
- write image to sdcard
- modify cmdline.txt

- select "direct build"

-Tim

You're absolutely right.

@HeeBoo's procedure (Page 1193 / #11930) differs only slightly from your original approach and offers hardware independancy (no need of an USB SD Card Writer) for most of the users.

The manual download and write of an image had to be done previously too.

The real work is done - completely unattended over several reboots - in mosbuild.sh.

Regards, Klaus