Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I believe what's happening is the tag is not complete or incorrect. The way I found to fix this is by opening every track in foobar 2000, looking at the properties and changing track information regarding album, artist, track name, etc.

If you think this is a pain, you are correct. I have a dozen album titles and artist names to change manually. Not fun.

Vince

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Vince:

Ooof! Sounds like fun. This is the first time I've experienced this issue. I've burned about 650 CDs to my Music Library, and if that's the frequency this issue will arise I certainly won't complain. But your experience suggests something else...

Time tells all.

Regards,
Scott

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Simple example would be, if you have two albums by same artist, like Sting Ten Sumner's Tales and sting Mercury Falling, the system library will see Sting spelled two different ways and consider them different. Had this problem with all caps spelling as well.

However, there are many setting in Daphile that control how the library is read. Maybe I just dont know the setting to ignore capital letters.

I believe what's happening is the tag is not complete or incorrect. The way I found to fix this is by opening every track in foobar 2000, looking at the properties and changing track information regarding album, artist, track name, etc.

I use MP3Tag and, for the most part, it can find all metadata and album art with one of its sources. Only rarely do I need to manually enter tag information.

Hi,

I wonder if someone could help me please?

I’ve had Daphile running for a while now and its really great. Its installed on a hard drive on an old pc of mine and the Music folder is also on this pc.

My problem is that its now a bit full and I am trying to connect to another computer on my network so I can use it as a kind of network drive.
Its a Win7 machine named Lenny-pc, i've set the public Music folder to shared and its visible on my home network.

My problem is that I cannot get daphile to see it, so I would like to ask if anyone can assist me please?

In Daphile - Settings - Storage - Network Drive, I have ;-
cifs://LENNY-PC@192.168.1.66/Users/Public/Public Music
which does not work.

Please help!

Hi!
I am using now the 15.10 version with iFi nano.
I would like to try the equalizer. BruteFIR mode enables equalizer. I know In order to use BruteFIR mode I need to set "PCM Resampling" to "Fixed rate - BruteFIR mode". But unfortunately it is not working. No sound.
I know that If I have problems with BruteFIR mode, I could try to disable "Round up to power of 2" option for Period size in advanced settings, but I can not find this in the menu. Can somebody show me where it is??

Greets:
Tyimo

I don't know, I use Amanero USB/I2S + Buffalo III (Sabre ES9018 DAC chip)

You don't have to worry about the SQ of using DoP in Daphile with your Amanero USB. It is excellence for sure:) (But still your player computer should have a very good I/O response time instead of processing power) And try the best to lock the lowest DPLL in your 9018 DAC then you get the best resolution in sound image. :)

I don't know, I use Amanero USB/I2S + Buffalo III (Sabre ES9018 DAC chip)

And I wanna share with you my experience on some configurations in Daphile according to the SQ...

1. Network drive mapping using CIFS sounds better than NFS - Although the file transmission speed (file copy function) under NFS is significantly faster than CIFS, CIFS definitely gives a (much) better resolution in SQ. The NAS being tested is Synology 213j.

2. Default Squeezelite sounds better than SqueezePlay - Seriously, they are not just only hearing the difference) - I think you may not concern since the squeezelite is the default option.

And I wanna share with you my experience on some configurations in Daphile according to the SQ...

1. Network drive mapping using CIFS sounds better than NFS - Although the file transmission speed (file copy function) under NFS is significantly faster than CIFS, CIFS definitely gives a (much) better resolution in SQ. The NAS being tested is Synology 213j.

2. Default Squeezelite sounds better than SqueezePlay - Seriously, they are not just only hearing the difference) - I think you may not concern since the squeezelite is the default option.

Can you share your ABX logs with us?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
You don't have to worry about the SQ of using DoP in Daphile with your Amanero USB. It is excellence for sure:) (But still your player computer should have a very good I/O response time instead of processing power) And try the best to lock the lowest DPLL in your 9018 DAC then you get the best resolution in sound image. :)

Thanks, I know SQ is the same using DoP or DSD native.

Joined 2009
Paid Member

How can change?

Attachments

• Daphile storage.png
    Daphile storage.png
    856.1 KB · Views: 306
Can you share your ABX logs with us?

For the comparison of squeezelite and squeezeplay, the test has been done last year using the similar method as in the below link:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/240040-daphile-audiophile-music-server-player-os-123.html#post4416418

For item 1, it was just tested by myself few days ago with the real time kernel version released on Aug-2015. The difference is quite obvious for me so no need to bother my wife. I was hoping the NFS may bring some benefits on SQ while the large file copy (over 1G) is indeed faster by about 25%. I tried both the speed and SQ test couples of time but got the same result. The network drive mapping is of course the same location and it is the only one mapping in my setup.

I have tried the CIFS, it sounds better than NFS! Thanks!