F4 power amplifier

Hey Guys - I've got a F4 question.

What preamp should I use?
-just kidding-:clown:

The F4 has ~+-23v as we know. I was going to use irfp140/9140 outputs. simple 'nuff, but here's the quandary - and my ignorance is shining here;) I've decided to bridge them. Does this mean that the outputs will see twice the +-23v across them in the bridged configuration?

The 140 is a 100v fet, so you can see my concern...

Thanks!

A question for Nelson,

Mr Pass,

I know you did a fair bit of research into which commercial preamplifiers would work well where voltage is concerned with the F4. Can you possibly provide a list of the balanced operation preamps that work well in terms of votage output?

Thanks very much for the consideration,

C

mpmarino said:
Hey Guys - I've got a F4 question.

The F4 has ~+-23v as we know. I was going to use irfp140/9140 outputs. simple 'nuff, but here's the quandary - and my ignorance is shining here;) I've decided to bridge them. Does this mean that the outputs will see twice the +-23v across them in the bridged configuration?

The 140 is a 100v fet, so you can see my concern...

Thanks!

Seriously,

I know I'm a greedy boy and all that ... but ...

I'm not sure about this - will the 100v irfp140 / 9140 see the full swing of both amps in bridged config. I'm thinking that it will still see only +-23v but I'm not 100% sure :smash:

Please?? I'll give you a cookie :)

Peter Daniel said:
In bridged config. the output devices will see exactly same voltage (+/-23V)

The concept is shown in the attached picture.
When the upper amp swings towards +23 V, the lower swings towards the -23 V rail, putting all that voltage (46 V) over the loudspeaker.
NB! Dynamic loudspeakers and magnetic pick-ups (moving coils for example) are born symmetrical.

RK

Attachments

• bridged.jpg
    bridged.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,095
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Variac said:
Yup, if you wanna hear Lil' Punkin' pre with the mighty F4's then the West coast USA BURNING AMP is the place to do it.. Oct 20, 2007

Variac

salas said:
This thread produces serious circuits through comedy.:smash: I LIKE :D :D :D :D

naah........

I just decided to make :Pumpkin: as an amp ;
probably F4 will not be suitable for any preamp duties in that case , even if his size will be adequate

:Pumpkin: will have 73 killos (each channel) , just as any decent vegetable from my area

all that for 15W/600E (doubling power all along to 2 ohms , where it will be current limited) ;

fussnote name for it can be DoKxxxMkxaCDoBT (Death of KrellxxxMkx and Certainly Death of Blow Toarch)

:devilr: