F4 power amplifier

Mr Mod:devilr:

On this lousy schematic you made, have you built and tried it or just talked about it:rolleyes:

well..

Hows about takin NP's Rev0 and gettin rid of the 240/9240 for 610/9610 > for a set of compression drivers - or would they explode :hot:

You mentioned 540/9540 before, but that's not stupid enough....
and I'd have to buy them :dead:
and I'm dreadfully cheap:clown:

bahhh forget it. They'd blow right up:devilr: Better with just 1 pair on output a la mini I guess..... a perfect match 1 is

Attachments

• f4-for-16e.jpg
    f4-for-16e.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,239
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mpmarino said:
Mr Mod:devilr:

On this lousy schematic you made, have you built and tried it or just talked about it:rolleyes:

well..

Hows about takin NP's Rev0 and gettin rid of the 240/9240 for 610/9610 > for a set of compression drivers - or would they explode :hot:

You mentioned 540/9540 before, but that's not stupid enough....
and I'd have to buy them :dead:
and I'm dreadfully cheap:clown:

bahhh forget it. They'd blow right up:devilr: Better with just 1 pair on output a la mini I guess..... a perfect match 1 is

you can use 610/9610 for that

go with lower voltage too,say +/- 15 volts and keep current in range of 350-500mA

that will be ~ 8W per mosfet,16 per channel and that's easy to coolllllllllllll

hey- I didn't build that ; why should I .....I know it works ;)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
angchuck said:
Hi everyone,

Some parts questions:

1)Can i use 0.125W resistors for the circuit other than the 3w .47r's;

2)Is the 1n4736 same as the 2n4736? Can't seem to find the 2n4736 locally.

Thanks

Chuck

1n is always dreky diode,whatever that means

2n is always dreky transistor,whatever that means

hehe- and whoever wrote that

just use any 6V8 zener

What if we take Mr. Mod:devilr: 's crippled F4 as above (no, not the corkscrew) with 610/9610 outputs and did this PSU. Yes, I know it's a completely stolen Nelson schematic that was destroyed by myself. I wanna put that finesse amp together for the 902s. I'll gall it my shampoo amp. Will it blow up?

Mr Mod:devilr: ?

Attachments

• psu.jpg
    psu.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,217
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mpmarino said:
What if we take Mr. Mod:devilr: 's crippled F4 as above (no, not the corkscrew) with 610/9610 outputs and did this PSU. Yes, I know it's a completely stolen Nelson schematic that was destroyed by myself. I wanna put that finesse amp together for the 902s. I'll gall it my shampoo amp. Will it blow up?

Mr Mod:devilr: ?

you can ditch one zero of all caps you drew,if you stay in ballpark of ,say 350mA Iq per channel.

or- you can use just those 30.000 and ditch everything after

your choice- I think that you'll hardly hear difference,at least on these lousy squakers
:devilr:

I am in for designing my own pcb's to fit my need's.

I have tried to mockup a output board, for IRFP240 / IRFP9240, which fit my heatsinks perfectly... Only difference is how the Zener diode must be turned. The mosfets are soldered under the Cu traces, and the gate, source resistor and zener-diode are ofcause soldered on the component side of the pcb's (Witch i had to make 8 pcs. of for 2mono block's)

Any comment's and suggested modifications are very welcome ! ;)

Jesper :cool:

Attachments

• pcb for mosfets irfp240-irfp9240-f4.jpg
    pcb for mosfets irfp240-irfp9240-f4.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,126