Aleph-X monoblocks finished.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally I finished my Aleph-X’s. I couldnt stop listening to them, so I sat up half the night.
Man, the hours that went into those amps are countless. But I am happy with the end result, indeed.
Having built a few Zen’s and Aleph’s, I think the A-X has the most firm, tight and extended bottomend.
My speakers are 86db sensitivity so I guess they like the power reserve these monoblocks offers.
They can play loud with the A-X’s, really loud without whining at all.
I have been struggling with the adjustment of the amps like everyone else and luckily my mate Magura came to my resque, thanks a lot for that. In the same breath I also want to thank him for
much of the hardware that went into these amps; heatsinks, faceplate’s and the very nice handwound inductors. That guy is a Craftsman par excellence.
A big thanks to Mr. Nelson Pass ofcourse without him no Aleph’s, and thanks to Grey Rollins
for putting the schematic together for us. Not the badest idea a guy could have.
A big thanks to wuffwaff and Netlist for their ungoing support for all the Aleph-X builders.
Okay thats enough, I better stop before someone gets wet eyes.
Specs: 2x18V, 1000VA trafo, Bigparsnips rectifier boards with MUR3020 soft/fast’s, 4x 68000uF Rifa’s and 2 pcs. 2mH aircore inductors per monoblock
12 IRFP240 per channel. The supply voltage is +/- 22,7V under load. DC offset at the output is 12mV and 18mV. They weigh in at 33 kg each. Other than music, they are dead silent.
I think the Aleph-X approaches the full package; they comes very close to the desired sound.
With a topend thats better than the Aleph’s (probably a result of the X?) and a bottom that really kick’s *** this is it for me. The Babbelfish still has a tad silky’er topend but the bottom is not near the Aleph-X. Not surprising though, since the A-X is about 100 watt’s and so not wimpy in any way. Its fitting that they are finished right now, since they can throw a party like nothing else.
What else do you need on New Years evening:) I will post a few pic’s.

Happy New Year guy’s

Steen:cool:

Attachments

• ax_front_sm.jpg
    ax_front_sm.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 3,869
Thanks again:) Yep 33kg each, so they are moveable;)
now.............that's SOMETHING
Hey, you forgot to say UGLY:D I agree, they are better looking than the other amps I made. Here is a shot of the PSU, its a bit difficult to see each item in there, so look closely. The inductors are underneath the copper plate. It wasnt easy to fit all that in there.

Steen:)

Attachments

• ax_psu_sm.jpg
    ax_psu_sm.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 2,534
What a nice way to welcome the New Year Steen! No fireworks with those though:)

Everything is massive. Looks like the heatsinks will never get hot but they probably do get warm. Longer life. Those are what I call family heirloom pieces for generations to come. They'd sing for years and years.

Have a Prosperous New Year!

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steen...........what is Iq you have in one half .....(one side,one leg,whatever)...........
if you are in mood for this you can try one day ;)

even more than +-25V for 2sj109 ist moglich if you use two pairs of mosfets per side (leg,half,whatever) and something like this..........mebbe even two leds in series

btw

happy cooking to everyone ;)

Attachments

• voltage-shift.jpg
    voltage-shift.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 2,014
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.