Threshold NS10 Lineamp PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Manu, any news on the board etching:) I hope that you and Tony will get something in the air pretty soon. I feel kind of lonely out here in lost space:D

BTW here is a pic of a real amp in the making;)

:)

Attachments

• up_test.jpg
    up_test.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,020
1 I think? I am doing mine as monoblocks, mainly because of the size of the PSU's that I want to use. They will weigh in at approx 38kg each channel. I simply hate it, when an amp is over 40kg like the Krell I made! Its nearly impossible to move it around!! Well, here is a pic of a sub assembly of the UP.

Attachments

• up.jpg
    up.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 854
steenoe said:
Manu, any news on the board etching:) I hope that you and Tony will get something in the air pretty soon. I feel kind of lonely out here in lost space:D

BTW here is a pic of a real amp in the making;)

Well ... I began last week with etching but noticed that on my PDFs, there were some grey lines crossing the black traces.
So the etching were not perfect at all.
I decided to redraw/copy the pcb. It will just take few days more ...

And today, since Breakfeast (2 PM :D ) an hopeless project took up all my attention : trying to tidy up my chaos a little bit.
(I didn't succed of course, and know all is worse than before ... if possible)

Manu

Seems that your Up is growing under favourable auspices ...
;)
You Lucky

Manu said:

Well ... I began last week with etching but noticed that on my PDFs, there were some grey lines crossing the black traces.
So the etching were not perfect at all.

Manu

Seems that your Up is growing under favourable auspices ...
;)
You Lucky

I noticed the grey lines too, but they didnt have any impact on the transparancies that I made on my printer!

The UP is growing pretty fast, right now:) It is gonna be a Mega-UP!!

apassgear said:
Are you guys talking about the shuntreg pdf that comes out with grey lines? :hot:

Hi Tony,
Please, there is nothing you should worry about.
But yes I get these grey lines crossing the traces. Is it due to differences between PDF software, dunno?
It should not be a problem with a good printer (as steen stated). But mine is not.
I didn't try etching yet, though.
(Mebbe I should and report what I get...)

Manu

Attachments

• unbenannt-1 kopie.jpg
    unbenannt-1 kopie.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 678
CeeVee said:

My French is not too good ( as you know ) but it seems the beta testers have uncovered a few minor bugs and there is now a version 2 of the boards.............i hope i can get a pair.;)

Naaah, good enough obviously...
I misanderstood ....You're perfectly right ... Cheff is working on a revision of the boards which includes slight changes ... but its not out yet

I hope I get some pairs too ...
;)

Manu

Tolu said:
Will there be a PCB group buy for the Toole shunt reg?
I need two for B3 and one for an opamp pre!

That would be nice, indeed. Unfortunately there is no Gerber files for the layout that Tony did. Tony's layout is made the hard way, drawn in a CAD program.
BTW, I think that might be where the grey lines comes from.

Who will volunteer to do the pcb files for a GB? A doublesided layout with full groundplane would be great;)

steenoe said:
Manu, are you using inkjet and genuine inkjet transparancies (overheadfilm) ?
Laserprinters doesnt work too well for this kind of work.

Yes I do it with laserprinter (drekky 600dpi). It works well as long as traces are not too large. Planes for instance don't come out well ... Need 2 surimposed transparencies.

Actually I tried with inkjet photo printer also but didn't get good results (no sharp edges etc... )

But now that you said that ... Seems that I should look for better inkjet Trsprcies ...

steenoe said:

Who will volunteer to do the pcb files for a GB? A doublesided layout with full groundplane would be great;)

I could do it (since I already began I could say continue :D ) ... But I am not LL nor Speedy Gonzalès ...
I would copy all 3 projects boards : Pre, Shunt and reg.

Manu

The WiP :

Attachments

• pcb_wip.jpg
    pcb_wip.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 748
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.