F1 Service Manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nelson Pass said:
I found them in a dusty box on the back shelf, labeled

--- CRAPPY CAPACITORS - DO NOT USE ---

and I got a good deal on them.

:cool:

Really?

What a coincidence! I have a lot of those capacitors! I was told "Crappy" wass a daughter company of a very well known cap manufacturer, that was sold because of it's bad marketing.

Ipanema said:
Hi,

I have an old Coral Flat8 in a big fat bass reflex enclosure. Wonder if anyone have tried the transconductance amplifier with this driver?

Regards.

Yup, we've tried the Flat 8 in BR with a F2 clone... Excellent sound overall... The extension of the bass and the bass control is really outstanding. Do build one if you can. :)

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Current-source amps seem to be moving from the "dismissal-
by-experts" phase to the "early-cashing-in" phase.

There are two more companies offering product for sale.

Of course I remember one (unnamable) expert announcing that
the Zen was a joke I perpetrated on the audio community.

:cool:

Good day,

I am confused with the schematic and pcb layout of F1. In the schematic, R6 and R8 will bias the Q2 to 7V at place where R4 meets Q2. But in the pcb layout, R6 and R8 are connected to junction where R4,C2 and Z2 are connected.Could someone please tell me which part is the correct one?

Thanks. :confused:

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Matching is always considered better.

In my case, I did not match them and got offset voltage some what higher than 50mA. I reduced it by adding a risistor in parallel with one of the bias resistors, as advised in the F1 service manual.

Good luck!

Regards
jH

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.