2*18V O-core 1000VA group buy, any interest?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:att'n: :att'n: :att'n: :att'n: :att'n: :att'n: :att'n: :att'n:

Those of you who want to join in on the rounded core trafo group buy.

:att'n: :att'n: :att'n: :att'n: :att'n: :att'n: :att'n: :att'n:

Please send me a mail to me through the forum mail, stating the number of trafo's you want to buy.

At this point I think pretty much anybody with interest in this have noticed the option, so in order to speed things up to avoid hitting the xmas holidays during the manufacturing, I would like to move the deadline forward to this sunday 28th. of November at midnight CET.

If possible it would be ideal to get things going even sooner, so please don't postpone anything unnessecerely.

Cheers

Magura:)

Question

Magura said:
So far I have recieved mails from :

Herisson- 2 trafos
Martin- 2 trafos
Ohh, and myself- 2 trafos :)

Don't forget that the deadline have been changed to sunday november 28th.

Hi Magura, Let me then ask: is the secondary winding on top of the primary or on a different section of the O-Core such as in the R-Core in the attached picture?
Do you have a picture of your O-Core?:confused:

Attachments

• r-byq.jpg
    r-byq.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 324
Re: Question

Elso Kwak said:

Hi Magura, Let me then ask: is the secondary winding on top of the primary or on a different section of the O-Core such as in the R-Core in the attached picture?
Do you have a picture of your O-Core?:confused:

Hi Elso.

Let me start out by stating that this reply is written with a smile ;)

As I wrote earlier.....this is not a standard trafo and have not been made before......now Sherlock Holmes would conclude that a picture of a non existing trafo would be somewhat hard to find :angel:

The secondaries are on top of the primaries.

Magura :)

Re: Re: Question

Magura said:

Hi Elso.

Let me start out by stating that this reply is written with a smile ;)

As I wrote earlier.....this is not a standard trafo and have not been made before......now Sherlock Holmes would conclude that a picture of a non existing trafo would be somewhat hard to find :angel:

The secondaries are on top of the primaries.

Thanks Magura for your reply. I guess it would look like this one?;)

Attachments

• a_o-core_2.gif
    a_o-core_2.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 333
Besides the fact that the trafo in question is a rounded toroidal, not O-core, then you are right. That would be something like what it will look like. The wire for the secondaries is though somewhat bigger gauge, 3.5mm.

The pic you have found is from the website that actually caused the initiation of this groupbuy. They advertise a great looking trafo, but the reality is something of very low quality. I ordered 2 trafo's from them and those were returned. Now all that is left of those is the battle with the company to settle a refund, as what they sell and what they advertise has little to do with each other. See pic.

Attachments

• traels.jpg
    traels.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 361
Returned trafo's

Magura, it's a pitty you already returned the trafo's.

It would have been a good opportunity to do some tests and evaluations of the transformers and maybe learn something.

I think these forum posts would also have been a good base for discussion with the manufacturer to maybe get the quality as offered in the advertisement or the refund.

Besides the seemingly poor visual quality, what other shortcommings did you find?

The shipping and so forth have been calculated, you will recieve payment instructions from Martin, who have agreed to run the collection of payments.

Please pay as soon as possible to make me able to avoid the xmas holidays, as we have been quoted 4 weeks lead time. If everybody pay immidiadtely, I should be able to place the order this friday. A little smooth-talking with the right blend of weeping should make it possible to cut the lead time to make it before xmas.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.