2*18V O-core 1000VA group buy, any interest?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recieved the trafos today, they are the best trafos I have ever had/-seen. They sport very tight tolerances and have been made with a very high level of craftsmanship.

There is however a problem with paypal, so Martin have not yet been able to withdraw your payments. Martin is working on the case, worst case scenario we may have to transfer the money to somebody else who can recieve money from paypal to their bank account. Satus is that paypal is trying to solve the problem in their end, I will keep you updated.

Magura :)

I can tell you how much a 120VA trafo is from them if you just want 2, as I got a quote from them. 750DKK a piece. Now I believe you no longer have any interest.

The reason I do not publish the company name and contact info, is that I do not want to be the one who made them drown in requests for quotes for 2 trafo's, which will turn out very expensive and nobody wants to buy anyway. If anybody have need for a quantity over 10 trafos, and is willing to pay 1.5 to 2 times what the off the shelf trafo's cost, please drop me a mail, and I'll give you the info you need, just please don't waste their time, as it will cause them to avoid dealing with us.....and I would be very unhappy if that happened.

It seems like I didn't explain myself adequately well, when posting status last time, as I have just recieved a very unpleasent mail from Mjounot, suggesting he had been screwed.

Martin is currently doing anything he can to get the payments through to his bank account. Paypal have to say the least been very un-interested in helping out.

I have paid for the trafo's

Every attempt/-reply from paypal takes at least a week, so things are moving rather slow.

MAgura :)

Magura> Have you tested them under load, I'm wondering how big is the noise under nonlinear load (I.e. bridge+caps and 10A continus current drown from the caps.) Also the primary is 2*115V or some other configuration ? If you will have two spare trafos left please let me know the price ... prehaps if my wallet is fat enough ... :D

I have only tried loading them in a test setup with power resistors at 6.25A, which caused no noise at all. I do not have power resistors big enough to test the trafo's at higher current. I made that setup to test the trafo's and they performed as well as they were expected to, but what was more interesting was that the previous Bigparsnip group buy bridge rectifiers performs very well under load as well (I did not have much confidence in those rectifier boards....guess I should have had :) ).

I do not have any extra trafo's laying around of this type as they were rather expensive.

Maybe you should ask Mjounot if he does not want his trafo's anyway, that is the only option I can think of.

Depending if you would be happy with a regular torroidal 1*230V - 2*18V, I have a few other laying around. If interested you can drop me a mail.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.