Official M2 schematic

I would definitely run both audio ground and chassis ground through the interconnect. There should only be one connection (with thermistor + bridge or whatever) for the whole conglomeration, not one in each box.

If you run separate +/- rails for each channel through the interconnect, then I'd also run separate audio grounds for each channel through it. Then your audio-ground-to-chassis-ground connection would need to be in the PS box.

If you run single +/- rails to the amp, and then have local smoothing caps for each channel, then I think I'd be inclined to make the audio-ground-to-chassis-ground connection in the amp box.

If your interconnect cable is shielded, the shield can (and probably should?) be used for chassis ground.

Cheers,
Jeff.

Since we really need not that much swing out of the Jfets, I'm thinking Mr. Pass' suggestion of regulation might give us the advantage of reduced noise/ripple as an added benefit.

A BJT, zener, and a few resistors could be simple enuff, no real need to go crazy. (?)

Now we have doubled the parts count of the amp!

Last edited:
Cheers altogether,

a few months ago I was listening to the audio chain of a friend of mine who owns an original F5. He was complaining he would like to add some new flavour to his chain after owning this amp for some really long time now. Thus we looked at several options on what to buy, not upgrading, but flavour switching... sadly he had some really rough time recently.

This lead me to the point where I want to make him some joy in this ugly times and was thinking of making some M2 Boards to swap out in his current F5 amplifier, as this is just a matter of a few minutes (without adjusting the amp of course). I asked him for his F5 amp (saying I would like to test something in my audio chain) to get the physical size of the F5 boards as good as possible

This is my first time drawing an amp board in Eagle so if anybody could have a look at the schematics and make suggestions for board layout would be really helpful. I have drawn one channel...

Thanks and cheers,

Fabian

Attachments

• M2 Schematic.pdf
    127.5 KB · Views: 160
  • M2 Board Layout Right.pdf
    68.5 KB · Views: 162