diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Pass Labs (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/)
-   -   NEW Aleph-X calculation sheet: AXE-1 (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/27170-new-aleph-x-calculation-sheet-axe-1-a.html)

wuffwaff 30th January 2004 09:50 AM

NEW Aleph-X calculation sheet: AXE-1

2 Attachment(s)
Hello all,

since there seems to be a lot of confusion wich version of berekening....is right Hugo (Netlist) convinced me to make a new one and was so nice to put in some links and give some comment on how to improve upon the previous versions. Thanks for this!!:D

The new one is called AlephXEvaluationsheet1 (AXE-1) and is a normal excel file.
I put some comments in (just hold your mouse on the cell you want to be explained and then youŽll see the comment)

To make thing a bit nicer I also attached my Juntion TempCalculation at the bottom (also with nice explanations:) ) so now there will never be any more questions like:

Are these big enough, how many fets, what source resistors, etc. etc. etc..........

Comments or question are welcome but please look at it for longer than 5 minutes before you post;)

William

Taco 30th January 2004 09:58 AM

Very nice :). It's a shame my Aleph-X is finished :D.

wijgers 30th January 2004 10:12 AM

Very very nice, :D :D

This helps a lot. Also a bit in understandig whats happening in the circuit.

Great Job William!!!!!!

Nils

Prune 30th January 2004 10:46 AM

Thanks so much! :)

By the way, I want to ask if these also apply to the PCB version.

cocolino 30th January 2004 11:12 AM

Fantastic job William!!!:up: :up:
Very easy to handle and helps a lot not only to get things right but to better understand what`s going on!!
In particular I like the graph of output power versus load impedance - very useful!
Thanks very much!!

(hopefully one day I`ll learn also how to use Excel to make such nice things like this)

Alain Dupont 30th January 2004 03:02 PM

William,

Quite a good job, thanks.

:wave: :lickface:

Alain.

Netlist 30th January 2004 03:13 PM

If all goes well, all previous links including the WIKI will be updated with this "Penultimate" version. No more confusion. ;) Thanks to AudioFreak for that.

/Hugo :)

roddyama 30th January 2004 03:41 PM

Great Job William,

I know this must have taken some time to get everything right.

hifimaker 30th January 2004 03:50 PM

Awesome worksheet William!

Warning.... dumb question Alert....

How come the X-Aleph's output drops when the speaker load impedance drops? Many Amp spec sheets have double the power rating for 4 Ohms when compared to 8 Ohms.

Thank you,

-David

tiroth 30th January 2004 03:52 PM

It's a class A amp, so your current can never exceed the bias current (at least with AC current gain <=50%).