TRANSISTORS NEEDED

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any conclusions, anyone?

I spent a lot of time looking at boards and kits. I ordered 4 PCBs from ESP Proj 101 and he does an excellent job updating his site and availability of parts, I hope. I have not received the boards yet. I am sure this site needs the profits to maintain it. So the money was well spent, but a shame. These designs have to suffer. Doing speaker projects are just as bad. I had a hell of a time finding Focal speakers. I still have one Focal TC120 new in the box. I am sure, well, no I'm not sure. I wish I was knowledgeable enough to come up with a solution.

Can that part of the circuit be redesigned without altering the PCB? What is the minimum amount obtainable from a chip Mfg Co.?

Well I received an e mail from Spencer. Not sure if it is in US$ at $200. Hope it is good news.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I've got some really good news concerning the B&D Toshibas - They appear to be genuine.

:D :D :D

I sent my batch to Wayne Colburn (The preamp guru of Pass Labs) who graciously applied all his expertise to measuring them. He is pleased to report back that the Idss and Noise is all within spec, but most importantly, the curve trace is genuine. These are certainly not re-branded switches.

Also of note, they have the Toshiba 2SK2013 / 2SJ313 in stock. These are use in the BA-3 Front End. They are not cheap, but they are still cheaper than tubes... I ordered a few.

So have at it, get while the getting is good, who knows how many they have.

Oh, one other thing, I'm not sure if they are actually "matching" when you order the SKU that is the pair... Perhaps it's just a 'matched set' of the N and P channel. Regardless, I strongly suggest ordering at least 10pr. Toshiba is never going to make these again.

Last edited:
I received my order from B&D yesterday that was fast.
Now I need to build a test circuit to match them. I read on one of
EUVL post how they are not true complementary devices so I think a little miss match
would be ok maybe better I need to go back and read that post.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Yep, they (B&D) are fast. I'm quite happy

They (The Toshibas) are also about the best complementary pair made for audio. I wouldn't worry about the super small amount of tweaking. Anyway, if you are making a BA-3 or F5T, P3 will take care of it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.