Funny ^6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Rather than pollute the F6 thread:rofl:, I thought I would start a new one to document the build. It has started rough. The idiot who did the boards;), made multiple mistakes. I coorected them all and fires it up. I had oscillation. Realy didnt understand why, and then I spotted nother mistake. I had screwed up pinout of transformers as well. Original is inverting amp and mine was non inverting. Feedback was causing oscillation. Got iot switched and all is well. Here it is warming up. I will measure individual sides for distortion and then connect and measure balanced version. Don't expect speed from me. :clown:

Attachments

• DSC_0411.JPG
    DSC_0411.JPG
    743.6 KB · Views: 1,225
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Rather than pollute the F6 thread:rofl:, I thought I would start a new one to document the build. It has started rough. The idiot who did the boards;), made multiple mistakes. I coorected them all and fires it up. I had oscillation. Realy didnt understand why, and then I spotted nother mistake. I had screwed up pinout of transformers as well. Original is inverting amp and mine was non inverting. Feedback was causing oscillation. Got iot switched and all is well. Here it is warming up. I will measure individual sides for distortion and then connect and measure balanced version. Don't expect speed from me. :clown:

Buzz:

I'm just curious, this being a holiday where your family might want to gather together for a meal, where you'll be dining. The basement?

Regards,
Scott

buzzforb. May consider using an independent Jensen or equivalent to generate two equal amplitude and 180 degree out phase input signals for Funny^6 [like in diyF6] . It can also generate two equal amplitude and in phase input signals to determine the matching of both amps, and to adjust CLG where needed for one or the other.

N.B. This will present the opportunity to test and listen to Funny^6 both ways.

Last edited:
Buzz:

I'm just curious, this being a holiday where your family might want to gather together for a meal, where you'll be dining. The basement?

Regards,
Scott

Thats why balanced comes next week:D

@Anoinel. I have really good matches. Side to side VGS is within couple millivolts and similar current. It should match well. Sounds very clean but closed in. Most likely dominant 3rd, as goid matching is killing 2nd. Gonna add .1 up top to throw it off a little. It is up against tough competition. My F5T is REALLY dialed in.

Thats why balanced comes next week:D

@Anoinel. I have really good matches. Side to side VGS is within couple millivolts and similar current. It should match well. Sounds very clean but closed in. Most likely dominant 3rd, as goid matching is killing 2nd. Gonna add .1 up top to throw it off a little. It is up against tough competition. My F5T is REALLY dialed in.
I look forward to more of your results.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.