Funny ^6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
if you take a look at last attached pic - you'll see dual rails , and no caps in signal path

conclusion - if Mighty ZM can make it , then it is possible :rofl:

there is servo too , but you know that Pa isn't using them lately , probably not enough place in generic FW amp enclosure and additional small FW enclosure , containing just servo , umbilically connected to main case ...... that will be ugly :devilr:

Ill let it lie for a while unless you need beta for 2sK version. Not that it was intended. Need modified board for T03P, but ca be easily done. I bet it will be real nice, especially with the SiT's. I haave this terrible affliction of trusting you. Kinda curious about J2X after this, but BAX must be tried while I wait for preamp:devilr: Second pre above is pre version with 2sk2013. Just to play. Tubes. oh, forgot about them:D Got to focus again. GB continues. Ordered wood for speakers today :smash:

V3 doesn't have the musicality of Funny^6. Probably more even top to bottom, meaning level response, but I cant say that it is huge difference. Notice more splash and air. What you lose is space(although front to back is good, not as), width is close, but once again coming up short, and their is just a texture to the instruments you do not get with F5. Lot more like Aleph amps, but doesnt have same persentation.

I see Schade resitors now. Got some SS R065 coming. Looks like R085, with enhancement mode nature. EVen lower Vt than R100.

Last edited:
now try "my" one-xformer iteration

so , you'll hear difference between SUSY and ...... ahem......... half SUSY (Funny ^6 being that)

maybe , if you are going to be ...... nice .......... I can try to make strictly ahem iteration

buzzforb. Funny^6 has the schematic of Figure 7 [Prior Art] of US 5,376,899 by the Inventor Nelson S. Pass. The above advice by Zen Mod to try his Babelfish "one-transformer iteration" is worthy of consideration.

Mutual Distortion Cancellation[MDC]

Always teasing and tempting. :devilr:

buzzforb. Test Funny^6 for MDC as follows:
  • Ground [or not] the input of one channel [call it the negative amp]
  • Apply to the input of the other channel [positive amp] a ~100 mV sine wave signal at 100 Hz. This simulates a pervasive and intrinsic distortion in this positive amp which is absent in the negative one.
  • Connect a dummy load resistor to the negative and positive power outputs; or not.
  • Measure with an AC multimeter the AC voltage drop across the load resistor, and from the positive output to common and from the negative output to common. Add and subtract the resulting values.
  • For MDC, the voltage drop across the dummy load Must Equal Zero. This MDC status is characterized by output signals which are of ~equal amplitude and are in phase. Meaning this simulated distortion will not pass through the dummy load for you to hear.
  • Or put a loudspeaker across the outputs. An audible 100 Hz buzz [or music] means you have a classic DIDO void of MDC.
best.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.