Aleph J for Universal Mounting Spec

Joined 2012
Paid Member
Don't know... I now have 4 Pass Amps to listen to...
A pre-amp and a very good DAC are the next things to build :D
I've ordered a DDDAC PCM1794 kit today.... that's my project which helps me through the long Dutch winters...:)

But.... a F6 or something with the BAF2013 Sony 2SK82 and 2SJ28 Amp are tempting....

Walter

Joined 2012
Paid Member
My Aleph J plays very nice, I listen to it a lot, but I have a few questions...
The turn off thump is so nasty... there is a lot of DC at the output, my woofers almost explode...:mad: Is there a solution for this? It sounds terrible for a few seconds...
Second, Is there a way to make the Aleph J more appropriate for 4 ohm speakers, like mine? I understood that at 4 Ohm the Aleph does half the power than at 8 Ohms?

Walter

Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi ZM, pictures are in post 598, I followed the original schematics except having a pot for R7 and R27.
When I turn the amp off, with the 230v switch, the negative rail discharges much faster than the positive rail. I see the LED's at the PSU boards dimming much faster at the negative rail...
I can measure the values of the potentiometers tomorrow.... if you wish

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Very very beautiful build, Walter !! :up::up::up:

:cheers:

BTW, what's the lead spacing of C1?

22 mm

P1030134.JPG

also shown are the 4 caps that I have picked up waiting to build this amp. The older axial Wima caps are off ebay, so I don't have a clue as to quality or even veracity. Anyone with suggestions, please have at it.

Joined 2012
Paid Member
No additional load just the LEDs at the PSU boards and at the AMP boards. No logic, no relays.....
Used this chassis with PSU for my F5, no thump, just changed the F5 Amp boards to Aleph J boards...

Should the Aleph J be thump less ( is this English? Sorry ) ? Or is it known to have a big switch off thump?
Because my ACA also give a big thump...
Will cut the resistor leads tomorrow :-(