Aleph 60 building thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Ok, I got it. Will post correspondence tomorrow (for future DIYers). Have two questions: the value of R16(R17 on pcb) should it be 221 like on A60 schematics or 392 as in BrianGT spreadsheet? Another, there is no matching resistor R1* on the boards, only R8(R6), is it enough?

it is R18 on the PCB that is 392ohm. R17 is 221ohm.
you can do without the R1. its not used on the A2 or A30.
the whole front-end part is the same for all aleph's exept aleph-J. and exept bias and offset resistors. and the 3W resistors can go from 0R47 to 1R0.
other then that, all changes is in the output stage. as far as i know.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Thanks, I will go with 221 first and then will see!

There is only one thing between me and assembled A60 bock — wires. Bought 12awg teflon wires, but the strands are covered with some "silver" metal that does not soldering well :-(.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
okei. from the front end board to the first output board:
+c - +c. +v - +v. +g - +g. +s - +s. and then, from one output to another output:
+c -+c. +v - +v. +g - +g. and you are done:) same for the negative side:)

I have 12awg, 14awg and kimber 19awg wires. Which are better suit for +s, +g? I am thinking of 12awg for +c, +v and smaller diameter for other two.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.