Aleph 60 building thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
6 per channel? I.E., 3 current sources and 3 outputs?

Or 6 outputs and 6 current sources per channel? (You will need a fan.) (Or 2)

If you want to use just the ones that will mount on that board, because you have such tall heatsinks, I wouldn't break the boards and just use them as one piece.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I am confused! :-( aleph 60, original layout has 12 outputs as I see, right? I was told earlier that I will be ok with two monoblocks(one on the photo above) for the amp. No, I got everything wrong? :-(. I can assume it as I am not an expert :)

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I had to look at the Aleph60 schematic, and yes, it has 6 CCS fets and 6 outputs per channel.

It will heat your house. Neat!

You will need another set of the BrianGT boards in order to use them for their daughterboards. My understanding is that you can daisy-chain them in series to get as many outputs as you need.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
So, I guess we have a bit of misunderstanding here. I will try to clarify:
The chassis I posted above is for one channel -- monoblock. It has two .2 c/w heatsinks. I am assembling one first and then copy it.
Here is the photos of what I have now:
Ready to be stuffed.
te7u6ysu.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

So my question is still: how to hook up these daughter boards in parallel in the best way?

aha. this seams just fine:) the two paralell boards are hooked up with 3 cables. (at the end of the board. and 4 cables from one board to the front end board:) this is marked on the front end board:)

EDIT: not the end of the boards. i'll find my boards and get back to you:) just a min.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.