F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It will be a narrow amp, say 10" Total, with two 6" USA HS 10.08 profiles with large L bars attached as heat spreaders. This will give me the interior space I need to get the PSU board in the amp with the main boards. The transformer will be in separate case using umbilical chord made from Neutrik Speakon connectors. Should be able to handle full V3 heat.

oooh yes. no doubt about it:)
and i just got a revulation on how i can build my V3's:)
i have 2 1000VA 2*40V trafos. but i got 50V caps for the V3:(
i also have 12 pc 68.000uF 63V caps. but they are too tall.(6"sinks)
my answer is: use the 1000VA 2*40V trafos. build a box under the sinks that around 4cm. covered by the front:) then i can get the 68.000uF caps in. up side down and hide the wireing:) now we are talking:D 2.5-2.6A bias and +/-52V supply:D
thats a TURBO:D:D

BTW: i had a price check. if i ordered fisher sinks( from germany) the price will be 2000USD inkl shipping. the heatsink USA sinks cost me 800USD:D
and thats all the way over to norway:) about 400USD in shipping.

Last edited:
Could be wrong, but i think Juma did a 3 pair version using the Toshiba 2sk2013/2sj313
4 pairs of Tosh devices per channel. PCBs are his own hand-made design. If I remember correctly, standard J74/K170 gain stage (DC voltages are within the standard spec or even lower). No current limiting circuit. Output devices biased at 400mA each which Yuma found out to be the sweet spot for 2sk2013/2sj313.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.