L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Figure 11 is pretty straight forward.

With figure 10, the thing that could be tricky is remembering that the gate bias is negative. If you let it go too positive, Id goes up, and eventually it goes poof.

I tested all my power supplies out of circuit first. Then, I adjusted the bias supply for -12V, powered up the circuit, and adjusted the pot so I had around 13.4V from Drain to Source.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Figure 11 is pretty straight forward.

With figure 10, the thing that could be tricky is remembering that the gate bias is negative. If you let it go too positive, Id goes up, and eventually it goes poof.

I tested all my power supplies out of circuit first. Then, I adjusted the bias supply for -12V, powered up the circuit, and adjusted the pot so I had around 13.4V from Drain to Source.

Michael,
Are you saying turn -12v on first?

How about this?

Will it work?

Hi Choi,
Because it is two N-devices, the two drive voltages to the grid have to be referenced to the drain. What I once did was use a transformer coupling to both output devices (1/2+2, so two similar output windings), attached a proper bias, set the current, and presto, very nice sound, extremely high drivability too.
The traditional way is to use a bootstrap in the upper side (see e.g. the BA2).
albert

Joined 2006
Paid Member
franz you have a pm , i think i will not use mine... my chassis is too small:yawn:

i will go with a 10ohm 300W ohmite resistor , hope it will sound as good?

I think so. Chatted with a guy who made the D-Lite with a bunch of 100R 25W ones, and he loved it with horns. Of course the sinking for such a beast was not trivial. He used most of Solid State chassis for resistors, and popped the transistor on it as well.