L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp

finally i will build a fig 9 with the source degeneration and 47000 bypass cap. i have found the Bulb, the VFEt, the Caps, power supply, but i can't found big heatsink for TO3 . do you have a source for big heatsink ? any model?

i can wait begining the little monster :hohoho:

thanks michael , i have just found that i 'v got big fanless cpu heatskink to try also they are rated 65W .. i will try this on the top of the TO3 with mica . i have seen the Pass had tried to swap the 10000uf CAp with a 1000uf MKP and get 30hz . do you think with 1800uf i could get 20hz?

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I seriously doubt that a CPU heatsink is going to work well here. I don't recommend dinky heatsinks (fans or not). See my first post in this thread where it says "Don't skimp here". You've been warned.

This project is best built according to the author's specifications. That's why he invested the time and effort to write it; so you wouldn't have to learn too many things the hard way. :cool:

I provided you with a calulation, so you could find the low frequency cutoff and response with any capacitor you like.

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I tried

it poofed

I'm dumber than Author ......... he is in conspiracy with bloody DiyA administration !

Attachments

• scratch_head.gif
    scratch_head.gif
    8 KB · Views: 2,124
  • punish.gif
    punish.gif
    11 KB · Views: 2,125
  • crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 2,097
  • buehehe.gif
    buehehe.gif