L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp

Joined 2000
Paid Member
L'amp CCS and Thermistors

Is it ok to use NTC CL-60s to reduce in-rush current on the power supplies?
Is there a required order for turning on the amp circuit and the bias circuit power supplies? The CL-60 on the amp circuit could heat up faster than the bias circuit's CL-60.

Thanks.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
@ vdi_nenna :p
I used CL-60 for the PSU and I gained the bias voltage always over a resistor, so I had not two different PSU.....

But Mike wrote some time ago that the difference of the two voltages for the SIT and the Bias was something than milliseconds, so it was never a problem mentioned here....:)

@Dan :p
Yippee your bulbs arrived today from the long trip from Canada to Germany!:D:D:D

Thank you very much!:)

Gerd

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thanks Generg. I should have mentioned I have two seperate toroids: 28v-0v and a 15v-0v, per channel. Some of the Antek toroids have both windings on same the transformer. I'm mainly worried about blowing up the 2sk82. :scared:

I even forgot sometimes to turn on my battery for the bias, so the current through the SK must have been high! I suppose around 3,8 A.....:eek:

It was no problem......but I do not know why and I can not recommend it....:D

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Well, that does make me feel better.
I do have two spare SITS, but would rather build another amp with them!

Here's my L'amp CCS so far! :p

Attachments

• SITAampCase1_small.jpg
    SITAampCase1_small.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 519
  • SITAampCase2_small.jpg
    SITAampCase2_small.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 518
Last edited:
i'm the worst diyer on earth and run one Sit without bias few minutes long and netheir my 3amp choke and 2SK82 smoke .. :hypno2:

at last i have built a B1 buffer without coupling caps to go with the SIT amp and the pair works like very well together , better than my SL10 .. i have finally ended with a 70ohm o,1uf zobel filter on the output of the SIT to reduce the overshoot

glopglop!

Last edited:
:) sure i am, do you know other person making house firework inverting power supply filtering caps in a godlmund mimesis 29:yikes: or destroying the medium of a Genesis II.V speaker with a screwdriver :D:Popworm:

my chance is to have found this forum and learn everyday with N.P, mike, generg, ZM and friends..:D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Maybe we could do a L'Amp Camp? We'd have to do it in Serbia, though.

yup

it will start with "put your sole transistor on jig , engage kill switch , count to ten , disengage kill switch , take your beer"

after last attendee of Camp finish this routine , time is for stone BBQ and all other beers

(secret is that heat from killing those xistors will not be wasted - just another way of initial heating da BBQ stone ; if silicon carbide ones are going to be used, I presume it will be plenty of initial heating)

:clown:

Last edited: