L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp

Hi in these pre-christmas time!

Hi all!

Just to have a note before the holiday: my old schoolteaching tells me - if you have a halogen bulb with 24 volt and 100 watt = 24x24=576 divided on 100 = 5,76 ohm!! Then you have 3 in seriell= 17,28 with 300 watt. If you then keep 3 more in paralell to those first 3 you end up with 600 watt AND 8,64 ohm. That is pretty close - and if you give 1 resistor in seriell with those bulbs - you get even closer. I have found som small bulbs(halogen 100 watt, 24 volt) here in Norway.

My SK82(KD33) was ordered 1 week ago. so the build will start in feb/mars!

Happy New Year

Greetings to all

Olav

Hi Franz

Yeah - I know that it would be a closer fit with 300watt and 120 volt, but it is somewhat difficult to get hold on 120 volts bulbs here in Norway - and with 230 volt and low wattage bulbs it is even vorse(like 230 watt and 20 or 10 watt)!

That is why I am thinking to try my amp with those 24/100 watt bulbs? Maybe?

Best to all.

Olav:confused:

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I didn't listen to the amp with the bypass capacitor. In my case, the added distortion wasn't worth 3-4 dB of gain, so I didn't pursue it further.

You leave me a little perplexed. The source bypass cap does not make direct coupling the input any more or less possible. The input cap is there in Figure 11 in case your SIT has enough gate leakage current to drop some voltage across the input. If you measure the input, and it is at 0V, then perhaps you can go without.

May I suggest building the circuit as intended, getting it working, and then you can experiment and make sparks as much as you wish.

If you really want more gain and no degeneration, the circuit with the negative bias supply is the way to go.

Last edited:
Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
10 Ohms will change the operating point, you can certainly try it though.

Are your speakers 8 Ohms?

Attachments

• completeschempartone.png
    completeschempartone.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,241
Last edited: