I would like to see what we can do to help Zen Mod attend Burning Amp 2011

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just as the title states, I'd like to see what we can do to raise the funds to allow Zen Mod to attend Burning Amp 2011.

There are many members of this forum who devote much of their free time to helping others and I think it would be great if the group could give back to one of those members. I know that he would like to attend but could use some help getting there. I also know that he would never ask for help and that's why I'm doing this.

I'm open to suggestions as to how we can do this. Maybe we could sell items in the swap meet, or simply get small donations from everyone, or a combination thereof. I think that the right thing to do would be for a well known and trusted member of the group to control the funds via a paypal account. Clearly, some basic questions have to be answered:

1. How much can we raise or want to raise for this endeavor?
2. How much will an advance purchase fair from Belgrade, Serbia to San Francisco cost?

Clearly, the more we raise the easier it will be for him to afford air travel, transportation and lodging.

Whatever ideas you have please let me know and let's see if we can do this.

Thanks,

Greg

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I cannot refuse - this is simply something that should be made to happen.
I will toss in $10 for the airfare - plus $10 for a couple of beers so he has one to share with his good friend AR2. That's $20 total :drink::drink:

I would toss in a couple of $ so he could share a beer with Papa - but Papa likes to drink the vino - and he likes EXPENSIVE vino that I cannot afford. :crying:

ZM - I hope we get you here and wish you the best. Are you up to date on all of your shots? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

At this time of the year airfare should be around $ 1,000, plus or minus $ 100

I thought about getting him a buddy pass out of a western block country (not really an appropriate term anymore) but then he'd be space-A and that still wouldn't get him out of Belgrade, and he could very likely not make it anyway.
So, this was my best idea ;)

Yes, October is one of the weakest months of the year for the business, so it's a good time to buy a ticket-

This effort also REQUIRES B.A. 2011 to happen! Otherwise you'll guys will just have to sit around eating kiseli kupus and ajvar, while putting down plenty bottles of Lav. :D

I thought about getting him a buddy pass out of a western block country (not really an appropriate term anymore) but then he'd be space-A and that still wouldn't get him out of Belgrade, and he could very likely not make it anyway.
So, this was my best idea ;)

Yes, October is one of the weakest months of the year for the business, so it's a good time to buy a ticket-

This effort also REQUIRES B.A. 2011 to happen! Otherwise you'll guys will just have to sit around eating kiseli kupus and ajvar, while putting down plenty bottles of Lav. :D

???? This effort also REQUIRES B.A. 2011 to happen! ????

BA is up and going, and there was never question about it. October 30, 10:00 AM sharp!

"you'll guys will just have to sit around eating kiseli kupus and ajvar, while putting down plenty bottles of Lav." - it seems like you know what are the good stuff.

Lets just push for this year, next is forever. i am sure we could do it in no time. Choky will be able to get his visa in one day, right? Plus I will write you an official BA invitation, ha, ha. That would be the most serious document, besides the lease for the space, that BAF has ever issued!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Well, it's really up to him. I guess if everyone starts pushing him.....:D

Nevertheless, thanks for the support.

Not polite to push - or to try and fit a square peg into a round hole. We need to consider ZM's obligations and desires.
Having been kind and sensitive I now look at the other side of the coin - life is short and we do not know what tomorrow will bring - one should consider carefully before passing up an opportunity. :scratch2:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.