PAPA'S KOAN ....... was Papa's Surprise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
so - you already know that ZM is too lay-zee to have own :Pumpkin:

:rofl:

maybe because I don't have time ...... or maybe because is much funnier to have Ikebana style (any new) prototype singing , than having proper boxed and finished gadget

so - every piece of commercially made preamp - I tried lately , to connect to Papa's Koan , is killing da muzak ;

F4 is just too clean .

so - while trying to find where I put some BF862 matched ( which Juma gave me) , and to try last wakoo idea for "will it drive F4 ?" dilemma ....... I gave up of trying active stages which I already have

source is mainly Pioneer PD8500 (xformer I/V then just complementary Jfet buffer ) ;
I used Manu's gift - bloody expensive 4 deck TKD pot , put in small box , as volume control ( no - I don't have PSM LS functional , too :rofl: )

then to F4 , feeding pair of my mighty LC1

fine , but somewhat low in volume , even in my 25 sqm workshop

so - I have these (look down ) ..... and - if concept is good so Papa can sell it to wakkootooblovingjapaneseZMs ......... and if I'm almost Choky from chokes and Iron - it is pretty logical to have nickel toroid repeater coil preamp/gain stage
fed from buffer stage - it's linear from under 20 to over 40k , without any load

so - CD - autoformers - F4 - LC1

no volume control , everything is exactly as needed :rofl:

sound is ....... MAGIC

MV5BMTg0MzMyNDY5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzM4OTYyMQ@@._V1._SX216_SY326_.jpg

active stage - as soon I find those BF862 ..... for that idea I need mucho bloody xconductance ......

Great --- this made me understand the way the transformers are used in the repeater circuits I have stacked op

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.