Aleph2 project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am very determined to start Aleph 2 for my Open Baffle :):)
We all tracks (mono):
2x36V/1500WA transformer;
MUR3020 X 8
22 000 -22 000 - 2.2mH - 22000-22000 (FTCap)
12 matched FET IRFP240

I found the Heatsinks 400x300x83mm :

75.photobucket.com/albums/yy32/Buffalo22/?action=postupload

Please tell me if your heatsinks is sufficient for a single mono channel?
Thanks!

If they were cut to 400 wide x 150 tall you would greatly improve the dissipation efficiency. Each should comfortably handle 150 Watts. I assume your rails are around 50V, so a bias of .500 amps per fet would be 300 watts total. You can probably increase it, just monitor your temp.

If they were cut to 400 wide x 150 tall you would greatly improve the dissipation efficiency. Each should comfortably handle 150 Watts. I assume your rails are around 50V, so a bias of .500 amps per fet would be 300 watts total. You can probably increase it, just monitor your temp.

Hi Bill ,
I would not want to cut them:)
I have four pieces, I use two heatskins 400x300x83 channel.
I think it be okay?

Regards,
Vitaly

Hi Vitaly,
Those are very impressive looking heatsinks. I am very familiar with the Aleph amp design but I am not intimately familiar with the Aleph 2. Can you tell me what the rail voltages will be and what the target bias current is. I'm sure you will be able to approach the design values with those.

I believe it very nice Aleph2 will be made from these substances. The first post did not show us that four pieces there are from these wonderful heatsinks. I think that they are fit for the purpose perfectly. The beautiful profile of heatsinks is particularly with this forming. According to me to the heatsinks lower third you have mount the transistors.
My monster Aleph apparatus approximately a kilowatt of power dissipated.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/56454-my-good-old-new-aleph.html
Fairly much it's hot.
It is consists of six pieces of 40cm*10cm*6cm cooling flange per side.
So this 40cm*60cm*6cm heatsink dissipate 500W per side
I do not switch it on, only in winter, at the time of Christmas.
We wait for the developments curiously.

Wacky Gyuri

Hi Vitaly,
Those are very impressive looking heatsinks. I am very familiar with the Aleph amp design but I am not intimately familiar with the Aleph 2. Can you tell me what the rail voltages will be and what the target bias current is. I'm sure you will be able to approach the design values with those.

hi, i'm building aleph2's my self this days. and for the rail voltages, it's +/- 45V with 2x37V trafo.
i'm going to run 2x40V trafo, 8x33,000uF caps and CRC filter.

I believe it very nice Aleph2 will be made from these substances. The first post did not show us that four pieces there are from these wonderful heatsinks. I think that they are fit for the purpose perfectly. The beautiful profile of heatsinks is particularly with this forming. According to me to the heatsinks lower third you have mount the transistors.
My monster Aleph apparatus approximately a kilowatt of power dissipated.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/56454-my-good-old-new-aleph.html
Fairly much it's hot.
It is consists of six pieces of 40cm*10cm*6cm cooling flange per side.
So this 40cm*60cm*6cm heatsink dissipate 500W per side
I do not switch it on, only in winter, at the time of Christmas.
We wait for the developments curiously.

Wacky Gyuri

Aleph 9 very nice, BIG !:):)
After reading your post, I started with entuziazm to give holes to cut, to work on PCBs.
Thanks so much Gyuri for your encouragement and keep in touch when ready:):)

Regards,
Vitaly

Aleph 2 will look like this.
I am happy that I went faster and the holes wrong:):)

Please excuse me for my English: :) (

Attachments

• DSC_0514.JPG
    DSC_0514.JPG
    378.2 KB · Views: 643
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.