Aleph2 project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Digging around a little more, the standard A2 AC current gain is over 60%. It could be lowered to 50% if you are willing to give up quite a bit of output power. Would the amp still be an Aleph 2, that's debatable.

Never the less, your work is most impressive.

Thanks very much Bill for your positive feedback:)
I like and think to adjust the gain between 60 .. 66%.
Rodeodave gave me a link where I got very good
how to measure:):)

Best regards,
Vitaly

We made measurements to determine gain.
On 4 ohm speakers have 58% (both monoblocks).
I hope good:)
Maximum output voltage is 25Vrms.
4 ohm power should be 156 wat.
I am very very quiet.
And the sound ... fantastic!
Especially bass.
I am very happy that I succeeded:)

Thank you all for your help!!!

Aleph 2 Project

Hello Vitallica, first let me tell you one thing this is an outstanding and beautiful Aleph 2, I' m like you building my Aleph 2 and have some questions that I need to finish mine. 1- what is the purpose of the clarity caps and the value they have same for the inductors( value and gauge). Thanks in advance and happy listening, JP Duarte.

Hello Vitallica, first let me tell you one thing this is an outstanding and beautiful Aleph 2, I' m like you building my Aleph 2 and have some questions that I need to finish mine. 1- what is the purpose of the clarity caps and the value they have same for the inductors( value and gauge). Thanks in advance and happy listening, JP Duarte.

Hello ,

I apologize for the delay in responding, I was out of country: (
My coils are 2.2 mH / 2.5 mm Mundorff.
Capacitors ClarityCap 4.7 mkF give better clarity and transparency to medium-high.

I like your projects :):)
And to be sure it is worth doing it, it's a fantastic amp!

Best regards,
Vitaly

What speakers are you using?

I made an Open Baffle.
Active bass - two Eminence Alpha 15 "(with Aleph2).
On medium-high - Supravox (with First Watt F5X).
I am very pleased, especially the bass.

Attachments

• DSC_0536.JPG
    DSC_0536.JPG
    628.8 KB · Views: 313
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.