B-1 assembly, Pass boards and PEC pots - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th July 2010, 03:45 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default B-1 assembly, Pass boards and PEC pots

Hello, quick and stupid question here. I have the Pass board, and the recommended PEC 25K linear pots. They are installed upside down, so that the solder tabs stick up.

Looking at the board, each channel shows cw,ccw and w. Which hole goes to which tab? There are no markings on the PEC pot or tabs that I can see. Thanks for any help on this simple question. Now for a really stupid question. What does cw,ccw and w stand for? Only thing I can think of is clockwise, counter clockwise, and whatever w stands for. There.

Russellc

Last edited by Russellc; 5th July 2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 5th July 2010, 03:56 PM   #2
flg is offline flg  United States
diyAudio Member

Wiper. The connection to the moving contact
Old 5th July 2010, 04:05 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flg View Post
Wiper. The connection to the moving contact
Gottcha. Thanks for the hyper fast answer! You wont believe how long I thought about it before I asked this question and exposed my total ignorance on the world wide web. Can you tell me which is the wiper? I assume the one (usually center) that varies as the pot is turned? If so, does it matter which the other 2 are connected to as long as both pots are wired the same, or it isnt that simple?

Russellc
Old 5th July 2010, 05:19 PM   #4
max426 is online now max426  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellc View Post
Gottcha. Thanks for the hyper fast answer! You wont believe how long I thought about it before I asked this question and exposed my total ignorance on the world wide web. Can you tell me which is the wiper? I assume the one (usually center) that varies as the pot is turned? If so, does it matter which the other 2 are connected to as long as both pots are wired the same, or it isnt that simple?

Russellc
here is a pic of the wiring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3785small.JPG (272.0 KB, 589 views)
Old 5th July 2010, 05:33 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellc View Post
...before i asked this question and exposed my total ignorance on the world wide web. ...

Russellc
uughh???
Old 5th July 2010, 05:36 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Usually the ones I play with have a little picture on the side.(Worth 1000 words) Yes it matters. Signal will be increasing when you want it to decrease, when it's bassackwards...
Old 5th July 2010, 07:13 PM   #7
Marra is offline Marra  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

When looked at from the front the right hand pot connects as per the board left to right; whilst the left pot the outer two wires cross over to the outer connectors on the PEC.
Old 5th July 2010, 10:31 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marra View Post
When looked at from the front the right hand pot connects as per the board left to right; whilst the left pot the outer two wires cross over to the outer connectors on the PEC.
Thay was what kept throwing me, if one was right, the other wasnt. The cross explains all.

Russellc
Old 5th July 2010, 10:33 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by max426 View Post
here is a pic of the wiring.
Thsnk you Max426! This is exactly what I needed to see! Thanks for solving this minor mystery for me, I should have this sucker working by this eve!

Thanks to all!

Russellc
Old 5th July 2010, 11:21 PM   #10
Arick is offline Arick  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellc View Post
Gottcha. Thanks for the hyper fast answer! You wont believe how long I thought about it before I asked this question and exposed my total ignorance on the world wide web.
Russellc
Welcome to the club, I had to ask a friend of mine...

Hide this!Advertise here!