Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

My ugly aleph J

It sings ! It only need a nice face plate and sides plates.

Attachments

• alephj-1.jpg
    alephj-1.jpg
    816.8 KB · Views: 1,890
  • alephj-2.jpg
    alephj-2.jpg
    1,021.1 KB · Views: 1,802
  • alephj-3.jpg
    alephj-3.jpg
    1,009.6 KB · Views: 1,690
Just using available parts in the shop.

Heavy walled square tubing, oversized capacitors (what kind of shop uses those capacitors? Wow!), lots of heatsink with phase cooling, thick copper plate for the caps...

I like it (though I'd probably fix the lean in the one support to make it a 90). It looks like it is built for the long haul. If I only had access to bits and pieces like these from my work or in my spare parts bin, I'd go the same tall and thin route.

Looking at all this beefed up hardware, I am wondering what do your speaker wires look like?

Speaker wires are probably #8 Rebar....

I was wondering, "Now where did my car's jumper cables disappear too...?" kidding!

I have just one question for Mon. Nightstar though, is that a piece of soapstone or granite as a part of the heat sink/transistor sandwich? :eek: If so, then I am duly impressed yet again.

It has me wondering what the case will also look like.

Those are pipe heatsink for CPU. I saw some forum members try it before. You can find them for a bargain on ebay. I got the four heatsink for 30$. I install two very quiet fan at the rear just in case. After hours of operation, the heatsinks are just a little bit warm. The difficulty is to clamp the transitors on the heatsinks and to fix them on some kind of support. I used two u shape aluminimu bars for fixing the heatsink.