Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Here is a link to a project from the chipamp world that may be of interest to some on this forum. It combines PC liquid cooling and amp building at a very basic level. It may in fact be a better fit here than the lower heat output of the chip builds. It is quite easy to isolate the cooling from the amp to avoid turning your amp into a steam calliope. :D

It was created mostly for the fun factor but may lead to some practical applications.

BLAT

BLAT build thread

Mini-A

Finished my Mini-A a while ago, BrianGT boards and Peter Daniels PS board. 12V transformers left over from a work project and Antek heat sinks.

Thanks to Zen Mod and others who helped me get this dialed in :)

Attachments

• Mini-A 1.JPG
    Mini-A 1.JPG
    401.8 KB · Views: 1,753
  • Mini-A 2.JPG
    Mini-A 2.JPG
    389.3 KB · Views: 1,671
  • Mini-A 3.JPG
    Mini-A 3.JPG
    404.3 KB · Views: 1,689
Thanks! Only took 4 zillion man-hours of milling, drilling, tapping and bead blasting......

Here's one more pic of the back....

I feel your pain having just gone through all that. Your efforts truly were justified by the results. I really like the strap mounting of the chips - probably the best method. Looks very clean and pro. :up:

Last edited:
.......... Looks very clean and pro. :up:

My comment stands on the general build. I would just add that keeping as many wires as possible close to or on the chassis would also be spiffy. 90 degree turns on the wires surely isn't necessary, but adds a little flash. You've done such a great job with the case and layout, why not go the extra measure? ;)

PS, Isn't that a switch - not a pot by the tranies?

Finished my Mini-A a while ago, BrianGT boards and Peter Daniels PS board. 12V transformers left over from a work project and Antek heat sinks.

Thanks to Zen Mod and others who helped me get this dialed in :)

fantastic job !, but I can not help noticing that familiar hookup wire from RCA to PCB, please test it with a magnet, if it's ferrous replace with better/ copper one. Just one my bad experience with that wire

I can not help noticing that familiar hookup wire from RCA to PCB, please test it with a magnet, if it's ferrous replace with better/ copper one. Just one my bad experience with that wire

The coax is also left over from a work project......they are 802.11 wireless antenna cables with fancy gold plated SMA connectors. It's kind of a shame to cut these up, but they have been sitting in a box for years. They are non-magnetic tinned copper.

Attachments

• coax.JPG
    coax.JPG
    724.6 KB · Views: 1,773