Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Heat issue too.
Of course the bass amp have to meet the requirements, but classA is a waste of money and energy.
Just my opinion.

I'm not disagreeing with you ; just complementing the puzzle .

to each his own .......... my speakers don't need multiamping , same as they don't need more than few W for proper singing

:clown:

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I find the difference between 'normal' speakers and multi-amp really dramatic.
And money and energy are never wasted! They are both just in another place.... ;-)

I agree. Just having gotten MOX II up and running, I can say there is a big difference between bi-wiring a passive XO to a bi-amped active setup.
My monitors sound like towers now. Just huge!

Here is my Balanced F4, I drive a pair of them with a Pumpkin and Impasse the Pumpkin is faster the Impasse is laid back. I have been holding on to a set of SIC JFETS waiting to build J2 clone if it ever comes out, and would like a build a B4 and a pair of OB. Since Mr Pass seems to be holding those designs close to his chest I have had to resort to brewing beer. The wife is much more prettier and the sound system sounds pretty good.

Bill

Attachments

• P1000989.JPG
    P1000989.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 3,797
I have been thinking of upgrading the caps to Simlic II if I do I will shoot some inside shots. I used an unusual method of clamping the output fets so I could change boards conveniently. It is a little under sized on heatsink but I like em hot. If I ever finish the control section of the pumpkin I will put the Impass up for sale.

Bill

Hi Guys

I just completed F5 for a friend of mine.. I'm using Fairchild for outputs and without the thermistor.. it takes about 30mins for the bias to fully set..

Nuvotem 225VA and 4 x 27000uf/25V caps per channel.. DC offset is about 1-2mv.

Thanks NP..

regards from the Philippines.

Attachments

• IMG_5169 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_5169 - Copy.JPG
    408.9 KB · Views: 3,668
  • IMG_5171 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_5171 - Copy.JPG
    270.8 KB · Views: 3,544
  • IMG_5173 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_5173 - Copy.JPG
    508.9 KB · Views: 3,501
  • IMG_5174 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_5174 - Copy.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 3,315
  • IMG_5156 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_5156 - Copy.JPG
    251.4 KB · Views: 3,052
Last edited:
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here is my Balanced F4, I drive a pair of them with a Pumpkin and Impasse the Pumpkin is faster the Impasse is laid back. I have been holding on to a set of SIC JFETS waiting to build J2 clone if it ever comes out, and would like a build a B4 and a pair of OB. Since Mr Pass seems to be holding those designs close to his chest I have had to resort to brewing beer. The wife is much more prettier and the sound system sounds pretty good.

You guys are building some nice stuff on this page.

You will want the B5 for that OB, and there will be a
diy description of the filters, so you will be able to roll your
own.

:cool: