Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

KatieandDad, the mug is isolated

Attachments

• IMG_20150809_183121.jpg
    IMG_20150809_183121.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 1,821
Just finished work
ba3fe Preamp + phono
since the top lid and sides were out for some paint, I used the opportunity to take some pictures. front is 10mm alu, powerbutton is from arcoelectronics and the knobs are fender spare parts. Have I mentioned that I did the metalworks by myself - cutting drilling grinding.....bah!
to the left my F5; to the right Thorens TD166 spezial.
IMG_5875.JPG

Last edited:
and here!
just finished my preamp. it's up and running hot(class A). A BA3FE clone (layout by Birger Maaß) with psu from same designer plus a phono input device in subchassis by Rod Elliott with its own psu. 3 inputs in total. I've used a simple selector switch an an Alps poti with extensions. All connectors by Neutrik. Main audio ground via groundloopbreaker (bridge+cap+resistor (thanx to ESP)) in the upper left corner. Mainsfilter and powerrelais in lower right position.
as allways the worst thing is the metalworks (hate it!)

Last edited:
My beasts

Here is my beasts :) stereo XA100.5 in XA160.5 enclosure. Wired in pure solid silver,Mundorf Cooper binding posts, cooper rhodium plated IEC sockets etc etc.

Differencies from stock xa.1005 - more beefy powersupply caps,added soft start circuit with 6000W relay, resetable fuse, standby circuit removed,as wel as gain jumper. Also added ability to use direct coupled input (ommiting input caps) when using internal jumpers, front dial circuit is also redesigned/simplified.

How those babies sounds? - one word- Awwwwesooooome!!! :cool:

Attachments

• 10_resize.jpg
    10_resize.jpg
    530.2 KB · Views: 1,034
  • 9_resize.jpg
    9_resize.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 783
  • 8_resize.jpg
    8_resize.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 823
  • 7_resize.jpg
    7_resize.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 564
  • 6_resize.jpg
    6_resize.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 520
  • 5_resize.jpg
    5_resize.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 621
  • 4_resize.jpg
    4_resize.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 1,735
  • 3_resize.jpg
    3_resize.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 1,739
  • 2_resize.jpg
    2_resize.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 1,793
  • 1_resize.jpg
    1_resize.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 1,836
Last edited:
and here!
just finished my preamp. it's up and running hot(class A). A BA3FE clone (layout by Birger Maaß) with psu from same designer plus a phono input device in subchassis by Rod Elliott with its own psu. 3 inputs in total. I've used a simple selector switch an an Alps poti with extensions. All connectors by Neutrik. Main audio ground via groundloopbreaker (bridge+cap+resistor (thanx to ESP)) in the upper left corner. Mainsfilter and powerrelais in lower right position.
as allways the worst thing is the metalworks (hate it!)

I like this construction systematic.
A Classic "Attila the Hun" kind.