Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Hi together,

this is my D1 Clone, thanks to Papa! This board is from Spencer, it took some time to go to the "last" housing (years!?). :D
Black Gates, Vishay Z-Foil for I/V and som little things more. Now it ist time to play with the PCM 63P K2 ore Y ore something and some kind of receiver are here. Let's play!

Attachments

• d1_1.jpg
    d1_1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 2,027
  • d1_2.jpg
    d1_2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 2,010
  • d1_3.jpg
    d1_3.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,989
  • d1_4.jpg
    d1_4.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 2,026
  • d1_5.jpg
    d1_5.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 1,988
You've taken great care to shed the heat and I applaud the unconventional format! Bravo! :usd:

I'm a woodwoker coming to this building of things metal. I miss the warmth of wood objects in my room. Yet, one woodworker to another, try some angle aluminum for reinforcement if nothing else. Woodworking tools work fine on T5 & T6 series aluminum :) with it you can get even better. ;)

Happy listening and congratulations on a successful build! :D

Thanks, I had an idea that started with the heatsinks and it was just a matter of trying implement it some how. They run about 21F above ambiant, and I'm biasing at .69V for now.

Just wondering, what would I need to reinforce with angle aluminum? I used my table saw to cut the copper bar it worked quite well. The copper was a pain to drill though... speed, feed and Tap Magic.

Thanks again!

erpiii,

OF course I am speculating as I don't know your whole plan but with the trouble you went to to keep air around the heat sinks the solid wood sides would be an impediment to air flow. Thus I figured that you figured solid sides would be necessary for strength.

Copper is kinda gummy for drill and tap, gotta use a lot of lube and clean the tap every turn or so. Sure is pretty though :)

How do you like the sound? :)