Building the "CodeNelson" Power Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here are the Express PCB files

These are the 12AU7 buffer amp layout. You can use these file to make other tube circuits, that require a 9 pin socket.

If you do not have Express PCB, you can download a copy of it from their web site.

Take Care

Ivey

Attachments

• Buffer Amp ExpressPCB.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 79
Here is my Father's layout of the Power Amp

My grandfather is having problems with his heart and high blood pressure. We are trying to keep him in bed or resting away from his work shop.

He insist on posting this item on the forum. So I am doing it for him.

Thank You

Ivey's Grandson

Attachments

• Class A 30watt Power Amp.zip
    13.4 KB · Views: 137
Ivey's Grandson

Thank you for helping your grandfather. He inspires us younger fellas. It is nice to see such a passion for electronics in his age. So, mind never ages, it's just the body that gets older. Ivey, you have our spiritual support!

All the best

Vix

I too suffer from a chronic illness and simply think of what a relief it would be to die every day. During the past month or so I have experienced relief that has allowed me to set up my system for the first time in over six years. I too am on a lot of antidepressants, two times the maximum recommended dose, and many other drugs. I am grateful for this creativity re-emerging and hope the same for you. If you are in a medical marijuana state, I am not, perhaps that might help take the edge off the side effects. For me it made me feel less depressed but prevented me from doing very much and the creativity only returned after stopping.

Trying to make a come back:

Hello every one:

I am trying to get better and better as times goes by. The drugs have been reduced, yet many still remain.

I am not strong, nor young as I once was. So getting back on my feet is taking its time.

I informed all of you about my mold problem. Well I have another problem and it must be taken care of first.

I have to put my work shop back together and get things organize, so that I can find things and move around my work in safety. And get to work on the projects

Thing are coming along, but I have a lot of stuff. I mean a lot of stuff.

This may take a while longer to get thing together and organize. I do not move like the wind, like I once did before. I was smooth, fast, and classy.
Now, ..., well you know. Old and very slow.

I am posting pictures of my workshops, since I have two of them and you can see my progress and the amount of things that I still have to do. I have about 20 boxes remaining to be unpacked and thousands of parts to be id.

Take Care.

Ivey

Attachments

• 100_0192.jpg
    100_0192.jpg
    938.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 100_0193.jpg
    100_0193.jpg
    885.2 KB · Views: 202
  • 100_0194.jpg
    100_0194.jpg
    884.1 KB · Views: 182
  • 100_0191.jpg
    100_0191.jpg
    804.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 100_0198.jpg
    100_0198.jpg
    881.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 100_0195.jpg
    100_0195.jpg
    864.1 KB · Views: 166
Jacco

I do well because I am a true blue capitalist. I believe that hard work and proper planning is very important, in ones life.

It took me years to collect the items I have obtain. Going from one place to another, picking all over the nation, looking for deals and buying things I did not want or need, just to trade for other things that I did want and need.

My sheet metal brake, shear, and roller, took me years to obtain. I had to save and post phone a got of events in my life to get the items I wanted.

But it is no good and all for not, if my health goes to pot.

I got hundreds of thousands of electronic parts and hardware. I got pcb software that most guys mouth waters for. But if I am dying or sick. It would be all for nothing.

You want to be a millionaire?

Invest in Corning Glass!!!!!

That is all I am going to say

Take Care

Ivey

hear some more

my second workshop, trying to clean and clear the areas. To put as much as I can in their place and get things off the floor and clean up piles of items all over the floors.

Take Care

Ivey

Attachments

• 100_0189.jpg
    100_0189.jpg
    793 KB · Views: 241
  • 100_0190.jpg
    100_0190.jpg
    863.5 KB · Views: 216
  • 100_0196.jpg
    100_0196.jpg
    928.3 KB · Views: 205
  • 100_0197.jpg
    100_0197.jpg
    917.8 KB · Views: 202
Yes I know. Thank You for your faith in me.

I sit a home with this new feeling of getting better. And I get these messages from old friends and former co-workers, asking me to go to Japan, and help them with their problems. And I would love to do so, but I do not see where I can help.

I remember in 1954, when I was sent there to help with the clean ups of the two bomb drops, and I got so upset because they wanted to do things their way, and it took so long to get matters on the right track. And we knew even less then than we know today.

The MK1 system was always a bad design. We knew this in 1970. And still built 156 units, because of cost and greed. Now the greed is back and is about to bite us in the butt.

The only way to solve the Japanese problem is to encase it in concrete, then build two domes, with a dome within a dome. One of steel and the other of liquid silicon. To reduce the gamma and neutron radiation. Then clear a buffer zone of 20 to 25 miles and check it daily.

The problem with Japan is its fault lines, because another one is coming.
What upset me most is that we knew this was going to happen, and took no steps to protect the people.

The underwater earthquakes near American Samoa, and the discovery of the 126 foot step faults that resulted from the underwater quake that killed 250,000 people, informed us that the northern Pacific fault would shift, to relieve the pressure. Their problem was where to guess it would happen. Japan or California.

Some times a governments efforts to reduce panic, causes other issues.

We are not paying attention to history my friends.

We are heading towards some serious problems. Like the 1930's, where one problem after the other was happening, it is happening again.

Like the 1930's we have the following.

1. Economic world wide problems
2. Violence conflicts throughout the world.
3. Natural disasters.
4. Little, to no co-operation between nations on important matters.

These are times that truly worries me

But..., I am still alive. Barely.

Take Care

Ivey

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.