Which the best Aleph power amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Are to referring to PL product?

The Aleph 2 was my favorite in terms of neutrality and
all-round compatibility. The Aleph 0 would drive anything,
The Aleph 1 had the most power, and the Aleph 3 was the
best for full range and mid/high applications.

:cool:

Reactions: 1 user
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
As a quick aside, do Pass Labs issue cct. diags of past (i.e. old / withdrawn / superceeded) products? Would make very interesting learning material for simple folk such as myself.

The Alephs are no longer posted on the web site for legal
reasons, but someone here will undoubtedly be happy to
send you copies, and if they won't, I will.

Reactions: 1 user
Are to referring to PL product?

The Aleph 2 was my favorite in terms of neutrality and
all-round compatibility. The Aleph 0 would drive anything,
The Aleph 1 had the most power, and the Aleph 3 was the
best for full range and mid/high applications.

So would the Aleph 3 be a better choice than an F3 for Klipsch Forte IIs and other Klipsch Heritage series speakers (e.g., La Scala, Belle, Heresy, Klipschorn)?

My vote goes to the Aleph 5 though I never heard one. But reading a review of the Aleph 5 and Aleph P is how I actually got into diy audio.

Image Hifi showed pictures of the internals and my first reaction was “Huh, 6 output transistors and just a couple of them for input? Is this guy kidding or what?” But the magazine was raving about the great sound and I remembered that a transistor has only 3 wires so I thought there must be a way of building something like this fo myself.

I wish I had never picked up that magazine :) Sorry for distracting ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.