Which the best Aleph power amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
respected sir

sir ... i am planing to make pass labs 60 watt amplifier ...i refer both circuit of aleph 5 and aleph 60 .i preffer to make aleph 60 becoze which used 12 mosfets per channel.can you please send me the circuit diagram and construction notes ..this projuct will be my first class a amplifier.i belive on this master (sir nelson passs).

regards
bijukumar

great thread...

hOWDY,

No one answered yet on the "what is the Pass Sound" question.
Interested to know as I'm fairly new to pass amps.
But a couple of us demo'd an Aleph 5 2 nights ago on Quad 63's.

- it made the other good amps we have sound a bit like amplifiers.
- seemed to have a very warm and natural sound. good on vocals. I guess this is just good classA expected results.

- when I have heard Pass amps in other systems it's hard to describe but all I know is it's hard to turn it off! kinda wonderful. Lovely solid but not over etched presence I would describe it as.

Anyway we are thinking of making a Aleph's at present:)

cheers,
P.

Hi Folks,

I'm new to this forum and I plan to redesign my hifi gear.
In the last 7 years I used Naim Audio amps and Linn speakers with several tweaks from the PFM. I'm quite satisfied but now it's time for a change.

I want to build up some new speakers with more efficiency, arround 95 dB and driven fully active.
Beside the bass, the mid/hi section will be build of two 6" mid drivers in d'Appolito design arround a A.M.T. tweeter. Closed seal, ventilated or open baffle? - not decided yet. This section must go from arround 100 Hz to the open end.

I've read some threads here but I'm a little confused now in which is the best amp for the mid and the high section. The amp must not drive big critical bass chassis and I do not need the highest level, I prefer smoother levels. I also prefer dynamical drive in the music as well as musical tune. I like Blues, Jazz, Funk & Soul and never classical.

BTW: I do not like additional room heaters in my Hifi rack and to spend too much money to our local electricity supplier due to two Class A power amps with their high power consumption... ;)

Which amp should I try to build and will be the best for me? F2, F3, aleph J, aleph X???

Any suggestion will be welcome

Thanks & regards

Thorsten

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.