Papa, Watt's next?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Nelson,
Then you will smile to know that Colin and my nephew Sean have formed a business to build the First Watt production.
Nelson, I'm grinning .... or ......... Right On!!!

You have every reason to to proud of your son and nephew. I had daughters and none of them took up any of my interests. I guess growing in an electronics shop didn't help either! Without anyone to carry on, I lost interest in extending my tenure there.

Anyway Nelson, your son has a good set of values as a person. I'm going to bet he is successful at this. I'm sure your nephew is also someone to look after responsibilities as well.

Now what you need on the Firstwatt site is a group photo. "All the usual suspects", that includes you sir.

:)

-Chris

Joined 2006
Paid Member
To further mispread information - I thought AR or Variac may have said that J2 is a commercial only product. So we not get build it, without some backward engineering against papa's wishes.

I hope to hear it anyways at BA this year. It's generating buzz for sure.

"J2 is a commercial only product."

Um... We'll see! ;)

The J2 seems to be a real First Watt product (q.v. 6moons announcement by Mr. Ebaen) and the First Watt philosophy is still:

"At the end of the sales cycle of new product, the schematics and technical details of each design will be posted for the benefit of the "DIY" community."

Sales cycle has been 100 pieces so far. Even if Papa considers to increase the amount of sales - so what?

But that's just rumors. :smash: Hey, it's Papa! He won't leave us in the lurch! :D

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Well of course when I'm done selling them, I'll be happy to
post the schematic, however the J and M series are scheduled
for more than 100 pieces so as to satisfy the desires of
dealers and distributors for some continuity.

Until that happy time, I will suggest that you work with the
simplified schematic I will provide, as well as the DIY oriented
products that are coming up.

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Nelson, when can we expect the article on the open baffles? I find the approach towards getting the most out of full range drivers fascinating and perhaps the most logical. Your insights in this area will be immensely helpful to one and all.

Waiting with baited breath!

Well of course when I'm done selling them, I'll be happy to
post the schematic, however the J and M series are scheduled
for more than 100 pieces so as to satisfy the desires of
dealers and distributors for some continuity.

I hope it will be a raving success in both product life cycles! :)

Oh, by the way: The new COOL-smily looks really 'cool', but it's not the red COOL-Papa-Smily anymore. Do you miss it yet? They should give it back to you! :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.