Aleph J-X Amp Project

Thank you for the feedback, modifications done :
a) 2 x 2SJ74-BL matched = 1 x 2SJ109-BL
b) CMF55 refs shown int the BOM will fit Verticaly (1/4w)
c) CMF50 will fit horizontaly on the PCB (1/8w)
d) C1 capacitor type changes to Film Foil

Attachments

• AJ Standard BOM V1.1.pdf
    28.3 KB · Views: 377
I agree with Bill. The time and effort involved in successfully building an amp is not a trivial matter. The last thing you want to do is skimp on the transformer VA rating. If the VA rating is not adequate or only marginally adequate it won't matter how much money you spend on boutique components the amp will not sound at it's best.

I am just trying to build the standard version. 8 output devices per channel seems like a lot. I don't have that kind of heatsink unless I build them as monoblocks.

But I am curious to what the advantage of the X version if you already have very efficient speakers. (I have Druids).

I am just trying to build the standard version. 8 output devices per channel seems like a lot. I don't have that kind of heatsink unless I build them as monoblocks.

But I am curious to what the advantage of the X version if you already have very efficient speakers. (I have Druids).

The X amps are push-pull amps that incorporate distortion cancelling, the J is a single ended amp. Different animals that sound quite different to my ears, but YMMV.
You could always build a Mini-JX with 4 output fets instead of 8, still plenty of power.