Building a symmetrical PSU B1 buffer

Jean-paul

if you are doing an order, buy a range of his types - well worth it. Also make sure to get some twisted pair stuff in teflon/kapton. Those are very handy for wiring up inputs, outputs and power supplies. 24 or 26g for inputs and outputs, heavier if needed for higher current stuff. Nearly all his stuff is stranded rather than solid, especially those heavier than 26g. He's good to deal with and won't rob you on shipping.

Its a little tricky to strip - best done by scoring around the wire with a knife/blade first rather than using a wire strippers as normal.

Fran

Hi Billyk, what type of cable do you use from navships ?

I buy from him too, i make audio cables
Picasa Web Albums - Jase - New Album 09-...

P1030345.JPG

P1030337.JPG

Nothing fancy, usually his bundles in various gauges. For input and output I usually braid. I like to deal with him, and the wire is so easy to use, solders great, etc.

Edit: Sorry for the delay, anyone else not getting posting reply emails in a timely manner?

Edit Again: I find the wire easy to strip, need to use a high quality stripper like this one. Klien 11057
http://www.mytoolstore.com/klein/11057.jpg

Last edited:
So the 20 k stepped pot arrived from eBay seller vintage audio lab today. Nothing for it but to swap it in for the 50k version of the same pot that I had been using. Also changed the resistors back to 220k to keep everything matched up. Have to say I think it sounds significantly better. Certainly soundstage is improved and better detail without any losses. I was afraid I would lose some bass by using lower value pot but hadn't been that kind of effect.

So for me at least 20k is better than 50k (and I used 540k resistors to match that pot)

Would be good to have this confirmed by others, but think salas said he noticed the same thing.

Fran

Yeah, Aleph Mini :)
You could request an input switch board. I could put one together.
So Salas, what do you think yea or nay, can we rope you into an equalizer? Could be fun stuff!
Ri

yeah i air mailed your parts to you yesterday for that :0 another 80$ and you will have a stereo Aleph :)

I should work on a LDR input switch then :)