The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Nice drivers Cal unlike others ones that where around when Tito and Cicciolina use to grace our BW tely things.

Yess I like to natter on what can one do at work while waiting for breack down?

Won't catch me doing that tomorow as it is my music apreciation day.

SHE out baby sitting me home with new P9 to try out

PS please do not tell her about P9 .......

Adding to the "natter"

It's a really rare photo to see any room treatment with horn drivers systems (or any other speakers, for that matter), in particular those horns with wide angled distribution -
I don't have the room for horns these days but still use Schroeder & Skyline Diffusers, (plus some Absorbers & Traps) to enhance the room acoustics (simple way to get better results)

I wonder why this area of our systems is "so ignored"?

Ya, sometimes when I see the work I do, I'm absolutely beside myself.

AHHHhahhha hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ladies and gentlemen, the one and only Cal Weldon!!!!!! yayayayayy!!!
LyNpy.gif

SXJx7.gif

QW49j.gif

gOCiJ.gif

OAjEt.gif

uQPDZ.gif

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Cal
witty solution for driver holder ;)

whatever , that thingy I made is conical adapter , from 16 to 25.4mm

it was surprise for me when I discovered that guys from yore Iskra ( former Yu , now Slovenia ) , which made 95% of movie theater gear in former Yu , were mounting Goodmans driver directly to their 811B knock off , without proper adapter

there is just mounting one , similar to yours - threaded to flange , but without any necessary conical part

even if I know from literature that some Iskra VoT combos were made with Altec 1" , I never stumbled on one - always Goodmans T52A

so , I'm having two pairs of that cute little driver ; it's phenolic 'phragm is having so sweet tone ....

Last edited:
Aloe drink, mmm...

I remember my first experience with it. Years ago, a lady offered me some and I guess I was paying more attention to her than those little worm like pieces in my drink. Well needless to say, I made quite a mess of her blouse, much to her chagrin. It was all I could do to redeem myself by helping her dry off.

Should have wiped the grease off your hands first Cal!

thinking about buying a heap of cheap vacuum capacitors off ebay and using them in series for a coupling cap(s)........................

just thought I'd share.

not a mad scientist moment at all..

I wonder what 0.0006uF (600pF) of capacitance sounds like.

and now its time for bed.

Last edited:
By the way going back to end of the world

To be onest I am just waiting for Moon to move far avay so to mess up tides and marine life, other possible causes may play in to it as in infinite universe there is infinite number of things out to get you but apart from Moon moving I don't know about it I don't want to know about it and any way I spending all my money as fast as it came in.

Further more SHE is out babysitting and got big surprise from when she came back
sorry for sonic boom and major tidal wave espected later this afternoon, shuld not be to baad but just in case
It was big plesure knowing you all (more or less)

PS got Rega P9 new FiFi toy