The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hey c2c,

Just been visiting some of your old haunts! My sister lives at Woodbridge and her daughter lives just the other side of where Bentwaters used to be!

I remembered you when driving around!

I think about Bentwaters and Ipswich every time I see some move about WWII and the air raids on England. How fortunate we are that those brave men and women were able to hold off the Axis attacks!!! We were closer than we knew to losing it all.

Despite any rumors you may have heard I did not have anything to do with that UFO business back in the '80's in the woods.... :eek:

My neighbour's wire-haired Dacshund killed one of his sheep and has been re-homed….lucky for him it is on Earth rather than Heaven or, more likely, Hell!!

I had an Akita that did that and was shot by the landowner.... Being a Texas boy I'm pretty much of the mind that once they have tasted blood they will keep going after it so difficult decisions need to be made. He's very lucky that there was an alternative available.

Also thought of Holland as a lot of the country is very low lying, but high enough (just) to make dykes un-nessecary, but there were a few, mainly on bikes.

Ummmmm - never mind - I'm gonna keep my mouth shut....

I think about Bentwaters and Ipswich ………………….

Despite any rumors you may have heard I did not have anything to do with that UFO business back in the '80's in the woods.... :eek:………………………….

I had an Akita

Ummmmm - never mind - I'm gonna keep my mouth shut....

You sure? I heard a lot of demented hooting in the trees and knowing your inclination for trees I made the obvious connection. :D:D:D

Thought that the UFO stuff was in Norfolk?

Those Akita dogs look enormous. Sorry that you lost yours…..the WHD now lives in central Edinburgh, so won't get many chances of repetition ---unless some Scottish neighbour has one at home for, shall I say, pleasure.;););)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Thought that the UFO stuff was in Norfolk?
Maybe there also - but Bentwaters for sure.....

Those Akita dogs look enormous. Sorry that you lost yours…..the WHD now lives in central Edinburgh, so won't get many chances of repetition ---unless some Scottish neighbour has one at home for, shall I say, pleasure.;););)

Tee-hee..... ;)

Attachments

• kinky-sheep-cartoon.jpg
    kinky-sheep-cartoon.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 62
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Someone please tell the Landlord that the beer is frozen solid!

I thought that you Brit's like your beer at room temperature.....

Oh -wait a second..... I forgot that freezing IS room temperature there this time of year. :D:D:D

Here is another tip - If the beer is in a metal keg don't lick the keg with your tongue..... :drink:

Last edited:
No wind, muggy, misty rain from a v.slow drift from the East. Daytime, c.8-9 C. Night, 3-5C. Very bad visibility. Although very depressing we are lucky that we are not, yet, getting US and Canadian conditions. Feel very sympathetic for those who have been badly hit……especially those without adequate heating.