The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
yeah , old friend deserves all fairness , certainly

you probably know that I'm completely digging Eastern approach to artisan things , audio including ;

so , if Be choose to use cork or leather or cotton or anything else for his products, or Kondo choose to make his own xformers and caps made of Italian Silver from 17-th century , I can only say Kudos and adore them .....

;)

but - that pain in the *** finished in front of me , and I can only laugh at poor pissers , willing to pay 3K$ for something completely impractical after first room painting (every 3 years or so ) .... just because these cables will end with broken ends

little more of plain engineering practice in physical layout could sort that issue

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

My present cables are underfloor: they have to cross a doorway. Are foils suitable for under-carpet placing? What thin material is advised to offer increased protection from high pressure (e.g. women's high heels) ?

you need welder cables ..... if you're thinking about high heels ....... so , sorry , no 0.1mm finesilber there

Fortunately there appears to be no serious damage.:)

hope you're better now ......

Joined 2006
Paid Member
My present cables are underfloor: they have to cross a doorway. Are foils suitable for under-carpet placing? What thin material is advised to offer increased protection from high pressure (e.g. women's high heels) ?

Your wifes or yours? :D:D:D

Down at the river yesterday I (DoDo) like tried to climb over a high gate.

I forgot that 71 year old DoDos can't fly and the lumbar region took all 14 stone of me from a 6' drop.

Fortunately there appears to be no serious damage.:)

It's good to know that there is no serious damage - a 6' drop is not a thing for 71 year young (that's around 51 years by my calculations) dodo..
Like they say - if you do something until it hurts you should think about not doing it anymore......... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Wile-e-coyote - gravity lessions.jpg
    Wile-e-coyote - gravity lessions.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 91
What thin material is advised to offer increased protection from high pressure

Instead of Japanese cable and high heels, you could try flat cable and the art of Japanese house slippers. (but I bet you look grand on high heels)

If the floor itself is flat, a thin layer of rubber should suffice to spread the pressure (hey, rubber again).

The guy that used to service a few of our cars, in the next village, fell from a 6' wall during his holiday in Greece.
Damaged his neck, had to terminate his car shop 12 months later, < 65 years old.

Last edited:
Thanks you guys,:)

Heels...thought that you or Red Volvo may visit.:p

Just bad bruising and kidneys are not bleeding which is good, the doc did a renal exam and tested sphincter control. She is a good looking North of Ireland girl of about 30-35 so that was a plus [:):):);):shhh:] compared to the gobbling mouth to mouth discussed a day or two ago.[:eek:] Plus the meds have me a bit spaced.....and I don't like to loose control!:mad:

Attachments

• images-1.jpg
    images-1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 86
Brian, Just coming online to read about your misfortunes. I understand your youthful desires but I am thinking hurdles might be a bit much, especially 6' ones. Maybe Javelin or shot put?

I'm glad the nurse was handsome.

Anyways here's to hoping that once the meds wear off that you are in a lot of pain to ensure you never try this sort of tomfoolery again. Something like this might leave you sore for quite sometime. Hopefully you will be able to rest.

If the floor itself is flat, a thin layer of rubber should suffice to spread the pressure (hey, rubber again).

QUOTE]

Definetly agree with Jacho especialy as you may have thin rubber handy be easy to try just remember to put it back before you go to bed :D

I looked at Italian on-line catalogues....couldn't find anything big enough.

:shhh::rolleyes:;)