The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

The Irish-Italian Intelligence Community has reported that a Mystery Foodie known only as; "He who has lost his whisk", or, "He who has had his stirrer stolen", or, simply, "Gordy in BC", is being ruthlessly hunted down by a group of food-loving assassins [from an unspecified Asian country]. So that these people may be rooted out before they cause mayhem by infiltrating the DIY Community, a picture of such an assassin has been released.

Attachments

• AEC-06.jpg
    AEC-06.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 101
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Did i say TriState. I meant TriAd. I always get the big ones mixed up. I like the CSS rig, but dont you have chairs behind the speakers. Is that what the call the surround sound

Three sets of stereo speakers set up for demo at Jim Griffins place in an undisclosed Tri-State area.... :D:D:D

We wuz having a little pow-wow of the Nashville Audio Society and Jim wanted to take a turn hosting and showing us his latest creations - the pair up front.

Very - very - very nice stuff to listen to by a true gentleman and a great guy to learn a few (dozen) things from... :D:D:D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
He did a nice mltl for Mark Audio as well. I am sure it sounds great. The CSS tweeter is said to be a nice one. I tihnk I like its big brother in the back.

The tall one's in back are the one's he did his white paper on about line array design and the math behind it. The MTM's with the 18 inch H-frame subs are to die for - but they use about four thousand bucks worth of electronics for the cross-overs etc. - but they will for sure light your butt up with a wall of sound - and very nice sound at that. Hell - it was super sound.

His latest creation with the CSS is very sweet for a small speaker with a very nice bass response (smooth - fast - musical) for such small speakers and can be built for around $1000 to $1200 for the pair (and that includes everything - even the cost of the wood and crossovers). I think he has the plans available out there - lemme check on that and get back.:rolleyes:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Ahhhhh - here we go about the design of the MLTL speakers.

From Dr. Griffin - - - -

" Triton MTM MLTL Loudspeakers
My mass loaded transmission line implementation derived from an earlier bookshelf design by Jeff Bagby. The enclosure design is uniquely my approach and I have a few tweaks vs. Jeff’s work. A thread on the DIYAudio forum details these efforts at:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/226173-triton-mtm-grows-legs-mltl-design.html
Message #12 in this above thread shows a detailed drawing of the enclosure for those interested in building this design.
A parts kit is available for about $600 for the original Triton MTM from Creative Sound Solutions (Creative Sound Solutions - Loudspeakers, Parts and DIY Speaker Kits) or Meniscus Audio (www.menicusaudio.com). I added a biamp terminal plate on the rear of my cabinet as this large cutout allows the crossover components to be inserted inside the box. CSS developed the VWR126 and LD25T drivers used in this design. "