The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

The small print of the insurance policy states that camouflage measures are required to legitimate future claims.
Sand tweaking is time consuming, too much camouflage and a lost item insurance policy becomes a 2nd requirement.

(mea culpa, i just finished wading through the LSP system pictures thread, never seen such a s.l. of j*n*)

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
cure for all camouflage/insurance issues with sand

:rofl:

Attachments

• ctd06.jpg
    ctd06.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 181
Pretty knobs, nice symmetrical too.

Particular beauty of wood for biggy knobs is the weight, stuff like the BT knobs size 2.25" D x1.5" H and weigh in at +half a pound each.
The larger diameter metal knobs that i make myself are hollow, take obscene much time to machine and finish polish, and still require a ball bearing in the front panel.
(is it Chevy Chase ball bearing jokes time again ?)

Those knobs are just the same material as the box (chestnut) cut out with a hole saw (center drill removed). Then I mounted them on a spindle in the lathe and cleaned them up with paper. Stained to give a bit of contrast and called good enough. I should put a little more time into getting them nice and smooth, but trying to get a coarse end grain to smooth out isn't really happening, and I didn't feel like dealing with that much wood filler etc.

Also a bit of bees wax on the shaft and no bearing needed.