The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well, I made several ..... in fact - I made plans and boyz organized making of boxes itself

some info on my Blog - mainly Tannoys and Sonido

It was fun, but really not my major interest neither making any money from speakers, except when I made xovers for someone ...... parts need to be paid :)

I believe Planet10 and his Boyz - they have abundance of boxes and plans , for every wallet

Thanks man. As a long time reader of the full range forum I am somewhat familiar with the work of P10 et al and there are several projects that are on my list. I was mainly curious as to which mltl designs came close to luring you from your beloved speakers. I'll certainly check out your blog... Haven't done so in quite a while.

d

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I paid for MJKing's software eons ago, and did some projects for me and for friends - that's it

once when I tried MLTL for appropriate drivers, I'm not looking back at compression or BR

it's either horn, OB or TL

generally - I'm sucker for speakers - already have more than I can use and God knows that I'm trying to quit :rofl:

besides - being too old (not as old as having bloody mileage) , so I'm pretty much done - got where I wanted to arrive and that's it - best speakers I ever dreamed of having and needing - I have in my workshop, while for lesser demanding ( but certainly not lesser enjoying) situation , I have bunch of Tannoys .... and whatnot

sometimes I'm feeling sad what Jewels I doomed to lay on shelves in cardboxes, but hey - I'm just one and life is just one, I mean this time around

:clown:

Joined 2009
Paid Member
There was a beautiful old Bentley parked in the local shopping mall this morning. It was attracting a fair amount of attention. i particularly like the foot step for getting in and out. IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Excellent car :D Get pleasure Jay Leno's Garage - YouTube

He's a real repository for information and a custodian for classics.
I was thinking of moving to France before the Covid 19 blow up, one place deep in the countryside, worthy of consideration had a large old stone barn, in it partially covered in straw and dust, were some cars, unrestored, all looked very solid, no visible holes or exterior damage. A MK1 golf GTI, looked complete and original, a Mercedes 190SL convertible (probably of around 1960) again seemingly in good condition and a very old as they call it Brass era car, that other than the being dusty, looked as if it were driven a month earlier. I believe the cars were sold with the very reasonably priced property. As we were in lockdown, I never did get to view that place :(
On the whole, I'm a lucky person!