The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

A couple of old photos of a Honda CBX a mate built many years ago. Triple side draught carbs and almost open pipes, you heard it coming and it started and ran like a dream. Thought I would post them since it is quiet.

CBX DCOE.jpg

1376987_10201048702636661_1225314811_n_01.JPG

John

don't take me wrong ..... pics are beauty - I adore honest and proper workmanship

but these attenuators are/were all the rage ...... and I was simply disappointed when I didn't found them more better than proper pot

:D

Only joking ...... about old bikes.

[The old stereo pot is some sort of dual-trimmer from UK Air Force/Navy radar use. I will change it to a15K for a pre. Bought them in an electronics junk store for £5.00 each in the 80s; took one to pieces - the original resistors are hand wound on mica cards! Beautifully made.]

I agree Stajo...[I also know that ZM is correct re. modern Chinese cheapies. :mad:]

[The only successful fisherman I have met during the last week was a Swedish guy who was fishing our local river! :roll eyes: We have quite a few visitors from Sweden and Norway until the major Norwegian rivers are ice-free - they are better fishermen than most UK fishermen!!]

You can still buy the Copper Japanese switches on the right...but they are expensive.